• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: google maps and internet

Keyword tags: Mogul Sprint (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

99dime

99dime
google maps and internet
Jul 9 2008, 9:48 PM EDT
I just upgraded my mogul to use the GPS. I have been playing around with google maps and I am wondering if it will work when I am out in the middle of nowhere(no cell sevice). will it work with just the GPS or does it have to have a internet connection also. Any help with this would be great. thanks Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
RE: google maps and internet
Jul 9 2008, 10:28 PM EDT
"I just upgraded my mogul to use the GPS. I have been playing around with google maps and I am wondering if it will work when I am out in the middle of nowhere(no cell sevice). will it work with just the GPS or does it have to have a internet connection also. Any help with this would be great. thanks"
It needs an internet connection. All the maps and info are accessed online for google maps.

Programs like Tom Tom and Garmin download the maps and info to the memory of your phone and do not need an internet connection.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 9 2008, 10:38 PM EDT
thanks for the help. Sorry I'm new to this. Is that a one time cost or a monthly fee like the sprint one? thanks Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Jul 10 2008, 6:56 AM EDT
"thanks for the help. Sorry I'm new to this. Is that a one time cost or a monthly fee like the sprint one? thanks"
Google Maps of course is free. Tom Tom and Garmin, you buy the maps and software, one time fee. They do however issue new updated maps every so often for a fee. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 13 2008, 4:21 AM EDT
"Google Maps of course is free. Tom Tom and Garmin, you buy the maps and software, one time fee. They do however issue new updated maps every so often for a fee."
Google maps are terrible for GPS. Check out my Awesome GPS in action using my Mogul.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PDXXYuJSWM4
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Jul 13 2008, 10:58 AM EDT
"Google maps are terrible for GPS."
Hence , " the free part " Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 18 2008, 4:17 AM EDT
"Hence , " the free part ""
ha ha that's right Google maps sucks using GPS. My GPS beats it anytime... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors