• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) Default E-Mail

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

AdamTxPdx

AdamTxPdx
HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) Default E-Mail
Nov 17 2008, 6:55 PM EST
Is there a way to change the default email from outlook to another email account I have set up on my phone (GMail)? When applications go to send an email I would like them to pick the GMail, instead of Outlook. Better yet, I would like the option of choosing which email to use. Has anyone had any experience with this? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) Default E-Mail
Nov 18 2008, 12:49 PM EST
"Is there a way to change the default email from outlook to another email account I have set up on my phone (GMail)? When applications go to send an email I would like them to pick the GMail, instead of Outlook. Better yet, I would like the option of choosing which email to use. Has anyone had any experience with this?"
I have the HTC Fuze for AT&T. To send from a specific account that I have set up on my device, all I have to do is go to that account, create a new email and send...it doesnt default to my Exchange account... 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
AdamTxPdx

AdamTxPdx
Nov 18 2008, 3:30 PM EST
Thank you for the information. My Touch Pro does that as well. However, some applications will send emails for you. Sometimes to tech support, etc. By default these apps pick the Outlook email address. However, that is my work email address and I would rather have application generated emails sent through my personal email account. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
talontsi07
talontsi07
Nov 18 2008, 4:23 PM EST
"Is there a way to change the default email from outlook to another email account I have set up on my phone (GMail)? When applications go to send an email I would like them to pick the GMail, instead of Outlook. Better yet, I would like the option of choosing which email to use. Has anyone had any experience with this?"
Yes there is ways to do it it is designed that way i have my work ,gmail , and hotmail accounts all synced to my phone 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
itxy
itxy
Nov 20 2008, 10:28 PM EST
ill tell you my experiance with what i did i have fios which come with msn also i originaly had msn so everyone knows my msn emil . when i got fios i had to set up a verizon email to so i forwared my msn emil to my verizon email and i now get my emils in the envelope on my htc touch pro it a visual experiance 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors