Discussion: Can't get Wi-Fi on my Bell 6800

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

higaran
higaran
Can't get Wi-Fi on my Bell 6800
May 27 2008, 11:12 PM EDT
Hi all:

I've been having problems getting Wi-Fi on my Titan/Bell 6800 almost since it was new.

I have a fairly new LinkSys draft-N wireless router at home with a completely open (unsecured, unencrypted) signal. The router is set up for DHCP. I flip the switch on the side of my phone, and the little Wi-Fi icon turns on. But it won't detect the network, even when I'm standing next to the router. Ditto for all other wireless networks.

My 802.11g laptop has no trouble connecting to the wireless signal on the other side of the house. But the phone just says "no wireless connections detected", and wants to use Bell's data connection, which I have intentionally disabled.

Back when I first got this phone, I don't remember having this problem. The signal reception was lousy, but I could connect almost anywhere an open connection was available.

I've upgraded the ROM on the phone several times, and I most recently ran a No2Chem custom kitchen 3.35 ROM. I thought that was perhaps a problem, so tonight I upgraded again to the leaked 3.49 ROM, and I'm having the same trouble. I've been over the Wi-Fi settings, but I don't even seen anything worth changing. I've tried manually entering my network name and settings, but that accomplishes nothing.

When I go to Settings>Wireless LAN>Advanced, I do notice that it says "Driver is not loaded." Is this possibly the problem? If so, where do I get a driver, how do I install it, and why the heck wasn't it installed in the first place?

Any ideas?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Can't get Wi-Fi on my Bell 6800
Jun 15 2008, 7:13 PM EDT
I'm having nearly the same problem. I forgot which ROM I was using, but it was named "Dizzle". In a way to try to fix it, I went to upgrade to the 3.49 ROM and have the exact same problem that is says "Driver is not loaded" Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Can't get Wi-Fi on my Bell 6800
Nov 26 2008, 7:22 PM EST
Same problem as well but started when I received an insurance replacement for 6800 with mobile 6.1 installed. This replaced my broken 6800 that had mobile 6.0 installed. I was able to get wi-fi running again only with a hard-boot. Less than 24 hours later the "Driver is not loadsed" again. Never had this problem on the old 6800. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors