• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Problem with Sprint HTC Touch WM6.1 upgrade

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Problem with Sprint HTC Touch WM6.1 upgrade
Nov 26 2008, 1:36 AM EST
I am having a problem while upgrading my htc touch ppc with WM6 to the Sprint's WM6.1. It always end up rebooting my device and the upgrade software saying that i have a corrupt upgrade file. I have already downloaded it twice from different sites including HTCs. Can anyone help me with this?

My device:
HTC Touch
Windows Mobile 6
CPU: OMAP850 210MHz
RAM: 64 MB
Flash: 128 MB
External: 1GB mSD
ROM Ver: 1.15.721.1B WWE
ROM Date 06/20/07
Radio ver: 02.97.90
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Problem with Sprint HTC Touch WM6.1 upgrade
Nov 30 2008, 12:21 PM EST
Since I upgraded my Sprint HTC Touch to WinMO 6.1 it does this fun little thing where when I turn it on, it's a crap shoot if it will actually turn on or freeze.

When it does freeze, it goes past the Windows 6.1 screen and then the HTC Home Screen comes up for a second before it goes into the "Sprint Music" "Sprint TV" "On Demand" screen on it's own and it's game over from there. I have to do a soft reset 5 or 6 times before the phone finally turns on properly.

I'm thinking about changing my Touch in for a Blackberry Curve personally. If I were you I'd try to wait it out for WinMo 6.5 which I heard is coming out in April...but knowing Mircosoft could really mean July :\
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
Nov 30 2008, 12:36 PM EST
"Since I upgraded my Sprint HTC Touch to WinMO 6.1 it does this fun little thing where when I turn it on, it's a crap shoot if it will actually turn on or freeze.

When it does freeze, it goes past the Windows 6.1 screen and then the HTC Home Screen comes up for a second before it goes into the "Sprint Music" "Sprint TV" "On Demand" screen on it's own and it's game over from there. I have to do a soft reset 5 or 6 times before the phone finally turns on properly.

I'm thinking about changing my Touch in for a Blackberry Curve personally. If I were you I'd try to wait it out for WinMo 6.5 which I heard is coming out in April...but knowing Mircosoft could really mean July :\"
I would back up everything, Hard reset to " clean " the phone, then re- flash 6.1 to see if it is the phone or a bad flash. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2008, 12:52 PM EST
Hey Denco7,

Thanks for replying...yeah I 'cleaned' the phone twice, to no avail. At this point I just never shut my phone off, or make sure when I do, I'm in a spot with at least 4 bars. I think it may be coverage related, however I never had the problem with WinMo 6.0
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 4 2008, 10:31 PM EST
I'm using HTC Touch P3452 (RAM 128 - ROM 256) running on WM6.0 but after upgrade to WM6.1 my device become slow and the screen hang, can't touch anything.
When do hard reset and come back again to startup window, the software try to look up my provider signal until it die on the way. Try resest again and now it's back to normal. Try to sync or copy small file from PC to PDA, the time become longer and longer. Show time taken to finish copying file from 1 minute and 2 minutes and 45 minutes and 1 hour and 9 hours end up 13 hours. At last disconnect the device without tranfering files. Weared thing could happen in windows but not in unix system.
Tomorrow send back my PDA to Distributor Service Centre.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors