• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Phone Freeze

Keyword tags: AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt II HTC kaiser Mda Vario III P4550 TyTN
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Phone Freeze
Tuesday, 11:22 AM EDT
I bought my TyTN II from Dubai about three months ago.
When phone not in use, it is supposed to go to standby mode. it does, problem is that it sometimes refuses to come out of this mode.
The green light, flashes signifying the phone is on. Even using the on/off button doesn work and i have to remove and re insert the battery.
Has anyone ever experienced this?
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Phone Freeze
Tuesday, 5:00 PM EDT
"I bought my TyTN II from Dubai about three months ago.
When phone not in use, it is supposed to go to standby mode. it does, problem is that it sometimes refuses to come out of this mode.
The green light, flashes signifying the phone is on. Even using the on/off button doesn work and i have to remove and re insert the battery.
Has anyone ever experienced this?"
Yes, this has been seen with the US version for AT&T (Tilt) but to date, there isnt a fix or an identified cause. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Tuesday, 9:58 PM EDT
Same problem happens with my phone. Other problems are screen freeze where I have to use the buttons to get into the system to align screen to get it working again. Other problems are phone screen going off after 15-30 seconds during a phone which is annoying when you have to faff around and hit the on/off button each time. Anyone know of fixes for these problems. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Yesterday, 9:55 AM EDT
"Same problem happens with my phone. Other problems are screen freeze where I have to use the buttons to get into the system to align screen to get it working again. Other problems are phone screen going off after 15-30 seconds during a phone which is annoying when you have to faff around and hit the on/off button each time. Anyone know of fixes for these problems."
The backlight turning off during a call after 15 seconds is by design to conserve battery power and to prevent accidental button presses while the phone is against your face. You can use the scroll wheel to wake it up (or the power button as you have been using) or if you have the Tilt, you can install KaiserTweak (it gives you the option to change this setting however, you may see a reduction in battery performance). As for the other issue, if you have a screen protector on the LCD, it could be causing the align and LCD touch sensitivity... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)