• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: active Sync Installation problem

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
active Sync Installation problem
Feb 15 2008, 1:14 PM EST
I tried to install active sync for my new tmobile dash that I just bought but everytime I try to install it the progress gets to 99% and I get a an error message that says:

Error.Could not write valueCLSID to key\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\internetExplorer\extextensions\{2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F}. VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE SUFFICENT ACCESS TO THAT KEY, or contact your support personel. The disc must close because an error occured.

does anyone have any any ideas, thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: active Sync Installation problem
Feb 15 2008, 2:51 PM EST
"I tried to install active sync for my new tmobile dash that I just bought but everytime I try to install it the progress gets to 99% and I get a an error message that says:

Error.Could not write valueCLSID to key\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\internetExplorer\extextensions\{2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F}. VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE SUFFICENT ACCESS TO THAT KEY, or contact your support personel. The disc must close because an error occured.

does anyone have any any ideas, thanks"
Try downloading and installing from the Micrsosft website; if you see the same error, the issues is definitley with your PC (also, you must have Admin rights on your PC to install). Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: active Sync Installation problem
Feb 26 2008, 4:21 PM EST
How do you get admin rights? I am set as the owner, but am having the same issue. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors