• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Touch Diamond (Asia version) to work in US with T-mobile

Keyword tags: 3G T-Mobile (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

tienhn

tienhn
HTC Touch Diamond (Asia version) to work in US with T-mobile
Sep 22 2008, 1:02 PM EDT
Hello All,
I have an HTC Touch Diamond (Asia version). I am now in US and would like to take advantage of T-Mobile 3G network. Anyone know if this would work? I have the latest ROM update from the Asia site already.

Thanks,
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: HTC Touch Diamond (Asia version) to work in US with T-mobile
Sep 23 2008, 1:32 PM EDT
"Hello All,
I have an HTC Touch Diamond (Asia version). I am now in US and would like to take advantage of T-Mobile 3G network. Anyone know if this would work? I have the latest ROM update from the Asia site already.

Thanks,
"
TMO hasnt launched a 3G network yet.
To use the device on the US TMO network, you need a TMO SIM and will have to manually put in the Data Settings.

Anonymous
Sep 23 2008, 2:14 PM EDT
"TMO hasnt launched a 3G network yet.
To use the device on the US TMO network, you need a TMO SIM and will have to manually put in the Data Settings."
Actually, in San Diego T-mobile already has 3G launched (not quite a big announcement).

I do have a T-Mobile SIM. But my phone does not show band support for UMTS1700. It only has UMTS2100.

How do I enter Data Setting manually?

Thanks,
browntannis
browntannis
Sep 25 2008, 2:30 PM EDT
"Actually, in San Diego T-mobile already has 3G launched (not quite a big announcement).

I do have a T-Mobile SIM. But my phone does not show band support for UMTS1700. It only has UMTS2100.

How do I enter Data Setting manually?

Thanks,
"
Oh, that you cannot do. It would require a different radio that supports the frequency.
You can still use the device on their other network but you wont have the same speeds as you would on 3G nor will you have the ability for data and voice at the same time.

To change your data settings go to Start>Settings>Connections Tab>Connections>Manage My existing Connections.
Edit your existing connection to match the following:
Standard T-Mobile GPRS settings:
Connects to: The Internet
APN: wap.voicestream.com
Userid: Blank
Password: Blank
Domain: Blank
Primary DNS: Blank
Secondary DNS: Blank
IP Address: Blank

Also, delete any other conenctions you have so that this one will be the default.

And just in case, here are the MMS Settings:
Standard T-Mobile MMS settings:
MMSC URL:http://216.155.174..84/servlets/mms
WAP Gateway: 216.155.165.50
Port: 8080
Connect Via: WAP Network
Max. Sending Size: 300K
WAP Version: 2.0

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors