• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Htc s710 Home screen stays ON after youtube video or after vtap video

Keyword tags: azerty HTC S710 qwerty SPV E650
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Htc s710 Home screen stays ON after youtube video or after vtap video
Jan 30 2008, 4:28 PM EST
Does anyone have the problem on the s710 that after you watch youtube or vtap video on it, the home screen doesnt go black. It stays on. Mine stayed on all night and ate up a lot of battery. I have had to Hard reset everytime i watch videos on it. The screen goes dim but that's the way it stays. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Htc s710 Home screen stays ON after youtube video or after vtap vi
Feb 10 2008, 6:31 PM EST
Yep have the same issue.
Problem occurs when you go into powermanagement. never goes black anymore, only hard reset and restore a backup.
Haven't found a solution yet.

Regards,

Ronald Bootsman
[email protected]
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Htc s710 Home screen stays ON after youtube video or after vtap video
Feb 12 2008, 4:26 PM EST
How do you even get youtube streaming work on the HTC S710, iv´e never got this to work, windows media player alwaýs only give me an error message after trying to start the videos. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 13 2008, 2:51 PM EST
Ahh. Well there are 2 ways that I know of, both are third party softwares. One is downloading the flash video bundle and one other tcpmp type program. The easy way is turn on the wifi on your phone. Go to www.vtap.com, install it on your phone and then open the program and type in the name of any video, for higher quality, go to settings and make it higher. It's amazing. Do you find this valuable?    
Talesi

Talesi
RE: Htc s710 Home screen stays ON after youtube video or after vtap vi
Feb 25 2008, 2:12 PM EST
I've had exactly the same problem. After the installation of vtab the display won't get off.
But after I've changed the timeout values in the powermanagement menue (for example: from 15sec to 30sec) the display goes black again.

Hope this helps.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 5 2008, 9:54 PM EDT
i have this same problem. the screen will not go black anymore. i "removed" the program, thinking that would help, but nope. still acts up. anyone have a solution? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)