• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: SMS to Email doesnt work on Shadow

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

praetas
praetas
SMS to Email doesnt work on Shadow
Jan 22 2008, 2:57 PM EST
Normally, when I had my last phone I could send an SMS message to an email address, which was a very handy feature. What I've discovered is that with the Shadow, and I think other Windows SmartPhones, when you attempt to send an email from SMS you get the following error message:

"Cannot send to e-mail recipients from the Text Message account. Cancel the message, select an e-mail account, then try again."

I don't have a data plan and I'm not always in a wi-fi zone. I called T-Mobile and they have no solution for the problem.

I found on another website you could send the message to "500" and then in the body, precede your message with an email address, like the following:

To: 500
Body: [email protected] Remember to call the cleaners.

I tested it a few times and it worked once and errored the other times - apparently this method isn't full proof.

I've also seen suggestion of a 3rd party program called "Smart SMS to Email", that costs about $25.

Does anyone have any good suggestion to fix this stupid problem?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
praetas
praetas
RE: SMS to Email doesnt work on Shadow
Jan 23 2008, 5:43 PM EST
Never mind, that whole sending to 500 method <u>does</u> work, and works fine. I must have done something wrong the first few times I tried it. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors