• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC 6800This is a featured thread

Anonymous
HTC 6800
Dec 27 2007, 4:16 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 27 2007, 4:16 PM EST
While texting, the screen freezes. It also freezes when I exit from texting back to the main screen. Will get no data on the screen and color line in the owner information block. I have traded for my fourth phone in 30 days. Each one has done the same thing. Store rep said he never heard of this problem, so I waited until froze yesterday and took it to the store. He said he never saw this before. Immediately gave me a anothe phone. Tech support blamed me for downloading programs. Told I had not downloaded anything, the phone has a problem. The one I received yesterday froze this morning, less than 14 hours out of the box from the store. Anyone else have problems like these?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: 8525 AT&T freezes text
vipertech1

vipertech1
1. RE: HTC 6800
Dec 29 2007, 1:59 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 29 2007, 1:59 PM EST
Have you tried clearing your memory on your settings??
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
2. RE: HTC 6800
Jan 13 2008, 1:39 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2008, 1:39 PM EST
this information is similar to mine but the small box keeps popping up and is from bell mobile connection saying couldn't connect or contact me what should i do

Anonymous
3. RE: HTC 6800
Mar 17 2008, 1:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2008, 1:07 AM EDT
i had the same problem. tried clearing the memory in settings of running programs and it still freezes up when texting, unlocking, basically doing anything. I had to take my first one back within 3hours because the screen was defective and I've had this one for 2 weeks and it is a piece of crap.

Anonymous
4. RE: HTC 6800
Apr 22 2008, 9:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 22 2008, 9:24 PM EDT
My company just started using these. Part of the training includes teaching the guys how to restart the phone when it freezes up. Every phone we have freezes up no exceptions. Also after one week my personal phones touch screen went bad (no longer works.)

Anonymous
5. RE: HTC 6800
Apr 23 2008, 9:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 23 2008, 9:02 PM EDT
Mine freezes all the time. When I get an incoming call, when I hang up from a call, when I use active sync, I dont get phone calls sometimes, it will tell me I have an incoming call, but what do you know, my phone is froze and really the person called two hours ago but I couldnt get the call because my phone was froze, yes I clear my memory. I shut my phone down at least 3 times a day because it freezes, I HATE my phone. I'm past my 15 days, I was told they could only exchange my phone for a new one and if I wanted to switch to a different type of phone then I would have to buy the phone. Me and my bf both got one of these phones at the same time so we spent $550 after our mail in rebate, what a rip off!!!!!

Anonymous
6. RE: HTC 6800
Jul 25 2008, 6:31 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2008, 6:31 AM EDT
"Mine freezes all the time. When I get an incoming call, when I hang up from a call, when I use active sync, I dont get phone calls sometimes, it will tell me I have an incoming call, but what do you know, my phone is froze and really the person called two hours ago but I couldnt get the call because my phone was froze, yes I clear my memory. I shut my phone down at least 3 times a day because it freezes, I HATE my phone. I'm past my 15 days, I was told they could only exchange my phone for a new one and if I wanted to switch to a different type of phone then I would have to buy the phone. Me and my bf both got one of these phones at the same time so we spent $550 after our mail in rebate, what a rip off!!!!!"
my phone has been doing the same thing. Have had three or four of the same phones in the past ten months. There's no phone like it & I really dont want a new one. Any suggestions on how to get it from freezing???

Anonymous
7. RE: HTC 6800
Jul 25 2008, 6:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 25 2008, 6:33 AM EDT
"While texting, the screen freezes. It also freezes when I exit from texting back to the main screen. Will get no data on the screen and color line in the owner information block. I have traded for my fourth phone in 30 days. Each one has done the same thing. Store rep said he never heard of this problem, so I waited until froze yesterday and took it to the store. He said he never saw this before. Immediately gave me a anothe phone. Tech support blamed me for downloading programs. Told I had not downloaded anything, the phone has a problem. The one I received yesterday froze this morning, less than 14 hours out of the box from the store. Anyone else have problems like these?"
Mine does about the same thing. I have to constantly take the battery out & restart it. Once I do I can send only one or two messages out before it starts to freeze again. I have so much info in it & really dont want to lose it again or get my fourth phone. I love this phone cause there is nothing like it but there's some flwas they need to fix i guess
samoo1

samoo1
8. RE: HTC 6800
Jul 27 2008, 8:59 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 27 2008, 8:59 AM EDT
I need a very urgent and important help to get my Skype working on HTC 6800, I tried to download Skype but I discovered that there's no Skype application that is compactible with Windows Mobile 6.1 so I installed Fring on my phone, when I call out usingf Skype Out the person on the other side does not here me at all, sometimes I will hear myself on echo, also when I ran Fring test calls it says I should check my applications settings and there's basically nothing like that in the program. Pls help.

Anonymous
9. RE: HTC 6800
Sep 18 2008, 8:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 18 2008, 8:15 PM EDT
"I need a very urgent and important help to get my Skype working on HTC 6800, I tried to download Skype but I discovered that there's no Skype application that is compactible with Windows Mobile 6.1 so I installed Fring on my phone, when I call out usingf Skype Out the person on the other side does not here me at all, sometimes I will hear myself on echo, also when I ran Fring test calls it says I should check my applications settings and there's basically nothing like that in the program. Pls help."
go to www.iskoot.com , iskoot, it works perfectly for skype.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)