• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Windows Mobile 6.1 for T-Mobile?This is a featured thread

Perception77
Perception77
Windows Mobile 6.1 for T-Mobile?
Oct 5 2008, 2:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 5 2008, 2:20 AM EDT
I've read the rumors of the Shadow II coming out in October but haven't seen anything official. Are there any other win mobile 6.1 phones coming out anytime soon? I'm looking to switch to T-Mobile but I don't want to do it till their new windows mobile phones come out this year. I'm not interested in the dream, I need exchange for my work email.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Windows Mobile 6.1 for T-Mobile?
Oct 5 2008, 12:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 5 2008, 12:59 PM EDT
"I've read the rumors of the Shadow II coming out in October but haven't seen anything official. Are there any other win mobile 6.1 phones coming out anytime soon? I'm looking to switch to T-Mobile but I don't want to do it till their new windows mobile phones come out this year. I'm not interested in the dream, I need exchange for my work email."
The Dream (G1) can do Exchange email if it is set up for IMAP access. I have mine set up this way.
punch235

punch235
2. RE: Windows Mobile 6.1 for T-Mobile?
Oct 22 2008, 2:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 22 2008, 2:11 PM EDT
how did you set up the G1 in IMAP to access Exchange????? also is there a way to set the OS for the G1 to be like Windows Mobile istead of Android

Anonymous
3. RE: Windows Mobile 6.1 for T-Mobile?
Oct 23 2008, 3:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 23 2008, 3:45 PM EDT
I am looking for to change the os to windows mobile but cant find a copy of mobile 6.1 anyone no were to get copy of Windows Mobile 5.1
Do you find this valuable?    
movado1999

movado1999
4. RE: Windows Mobile 6.1 for T-Mobile?
Oct 24 2008, 11:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 24 2008, 11:09 PM EDT
"I am looking for to change the os to windows mobile but cant find a copy of mobile 6.1 anyone no were to get copy of Windows Mobile 5.1"
Just upgraded my dash to 6.1 today. It's a HELL of a lot better than wm6, allows overclocking to almost 300Mhz, much better appearance. here are the step-by-step instructions:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=415225.

You can upgrade ROMS as you like - wm 5, 6, 6.1... pretty much like reinstalling windows on your PC or laptop.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
ShadowII

ShadowII
5. RE: Windows Mobile 6.1 for T-Mobile?
Monday, 4:50 PM EST | Post edited: Monday, 4:50 PM EST
You can buy the Shadow II on the Windows Mobile developers ite for $50.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)