• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Exchange Server email issues

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Exchange Server email issues
Sep 23 2008, 2:26 PM EDT
I downloaded the HTC Streaming Media Player so now I can watch youtube videos, but now I seem to have an issue with Exchange Server. Normally email sent to me via Exchange server are immediately delivered to my Tilt, but now they don't. If I use the menu option to Send/Receive, I get the updated emails, but they're now not automatically delivered to my phone. I thought of re-establishing the connection to Exchange Server, so I tried to delete the setup for Exchange Server, but it's grayed out so I can't. Anyone else with this issue? More importantly, if you have it what did you do about it?

Thanks,
Arthur
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Exchange Server email issues
Sep 23 2008, 4:47 PM EDT
"I downloaded the HTC Streaming Media Player so now I can watch youtube videos, but now I seem to have an issue with Exchange Server. Normally email sent to me via Exchange server are immediately delivered to my Tilt, but now they don't. If I use the menu option to Send/Receive, I get the updated emails, but they're now not automatically delivered to my phone. I thought of re-establishing the connection to Exchange Server, so I tried to delete the setup for Exchange Server, but it's grayed out so I can't. Anyone else with this issue? More importantly, if you have it what did you do about it?

Thanks,
Arthur
"
You can delete the partnership with your device by the PC only.
Before you go that route, have you been able to check Schedule in Activesync on your device to see what it is set as? it may just be a matter of that getting changed by the app install.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Exchange Server email issues
Sep 25 2008, 5:06 PM EDT
Thanks for pointing out that I can only delete the relationship in ActiveSync. I see that now. My device is working properly now--with email from Exchange arriving properly--so I assume the problem was temporary one caused by a network issue. I'm only sync'ing email, so there are no options to set other than how many days of email do I want on the device and how much to download. I get a ton of email daily, so 3 days is fine with me. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors