• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!This is a featured thread

2 3 4 5  | Next
dorishadow

dorishadow
screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Jan 19 2008, 10:45 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 19 2008, 10:45 PM EST
Waited 2 years to buy a new phone and go the Shadow. Put it in my pocket and went to my job as a teacher. Took it out at the end of the day and the screen was shot. I was so unfamiliar with these new phones that I thought I hit a wrong button or something. Went through everyone else did on this wiki trying to get it resolved. Will try to push T-mobile and then will sell it. Verizon has a deal for TWO PHONES FOR $79. I'm done with Tmobile!
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Jan 30 2008, 9:19 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2008, 9:19 PM EST
Ive now had two of the Shadows. Both screens crack. The first one Tmobile replaced. The second they won't saying I crushed it. It has to be a probelm with the screen to break so easy. I'm looking for more people who have had this problem so I can take it to Tmobile.
10  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Jan 31 2008, 1:07 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 31 2008, 1:07 AM EST
After my last post, I and my husband spoke to everyone under the sun at T-mobile and nothing happened. They kept trying to put us off to Asurion for $110 and ultimately told us to go to an on ground store for inspection. Since I had already read the threads, I knew this would only result in us being told that we would have to eat it -- and that is what happened. I filed a complaint with the FCC to which I have received no response. I am searching for the impossible lcd replacement screen and none exist. Then I will sell it, cancel Tmobile and get a new Helio when it makes its next upgrade! Awesome little device. My student showed it to me the other day. It flips in 2 directions and nearly makes breakfast for you...The worst feature of the Shadow is that you have to hold down a key on the keyboard to "dial" a number. I learned my lesson with this one! I have called Tmobile 3 times and got nowhere with anyone. My beef is that you HAVE to use the screen to slide it up, so it has built in breakability. Please take it to Tmobile. They got in trouble for the Dash and Wing screen cracks and when enough calls are logged on they call it a "Known Problem" and will consider a replacement. The Shadow is too new. However, these screens are all pretty much the same no matter what the model.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Feb 4 2008, 4:52 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2008, 4:52 PM EST
my screen cracked a week after getting it.. the phone fell from my bed to the floor and the screen broke.

Anonymous
4. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Feb 12 2008, 10:27 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 12 2008, 10:27 AM EST
Mine took a month and a half, but cracked due to no noticable shock. We didn't drop it, didn't knock it, it just didn't work one afternoon.

Keep this post going, I am SOOOO pi$$ed!

My bill just showed up with a $100 charge for "Out of Warranty". I have been a T-mobile customer for a long time and have been satisfied, but this is them taking advantage of their customers.

Anonymous
5. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Feb 25 2008, 11:22 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2008, 11:22 AM EST
Yeah..My girlfriend just purcashed one last week. Fell possibly 3 feet, and landed on carpet. A feat my blackberry has survived through countless times. This one fall, and the screen cracks..what is going on?

Anonymous
6. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 4 2008, 9:48 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2008, 9:48 PM EST
Yes, mine was in my cell phone pocket. It worked when I left home. Five minutes later, I got to work and took it out of my pocket and the interior screen was cracked. The phone wasn't dropped or banged or anything. Clearly it is an incredibly fragile phone. I took it back to the store and not only did they tell me it was my fault but they were kind of rude about it. They said it's out of warranty because it was an "accident". Under that definition, anything at all is an accident! It's a meaningless warranty.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
7. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 4 2008, 11:26 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2008, 11:26 PM EST
I did finally get an automated email response from the FCC, but all that is is an acknowledgement. Nothing else so far. I have kept my phone because I understand that if you do turn it in to Asurion, you have no recourse with the FCC should a complaint result in anything. So it sits in the original box in my cupboard. I am using my old phone from 2 years ago until this is resolved. What should be criticized is that the very screen that they say "do not touch" because it is not -- duh -- a touchscreen phone, has to be pushed to open the phone. It is not some precious thing people keep in a pretty case and open up each time the phone rings! Also, you cannot call someone with the numbers unless you push another button! It is firstly alphabetical and then numeric. Not a great design for a PHONE. If these complaints keep coming in, after the number reaches a certain point value with T Mobile, they will consider it a "known fault" and may refund or exchange for something else. Bottom line? We are screwed!

Anonymous
8. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 13 2008, 7:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 13 2008, 7:06 PM EDT
Same thing happened to me.

I have to say I was really shocked because take care of all my electronics. This is my first broken product in almost 12 years. To see other people had the same problem and see T-mobile blame it on me for crappy workmanship is truly sad.

The phone was in my pocket and I pull it out and it was cracked. I wish HTC designed this phone better to account for fact that this screen is so fragile. I was very excited and thought all the neigh sayers about this phone were incorrect. It was such a disappointment. I won't renew my T-mobile service and will probably not buy a HTC phone again. Let this be a lesson to all you engineers out there. Features don't mean anything if the product keeps mysteriously breaking on people.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
9. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 14 2008, 12:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 14 2008, 12:15 AM EDT
I got a call from tMobile President's office since they got FCC Complaint. They offered to refund me the cost of the Asurion $110 fee so I could get my phone fixed. I told them I did not want that phone because it would just break again, so they offered me an 8700 Blackberry without a camera plus $87 for upgrade. I really did not want that other phone, so I got my exchange. The shadow is way too vulnerable. I did not want to put another penny into it.

Anonymous
10. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 17 2008, 12:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2008, 12:58 AM EDT
"Ive now had two of the Shadows. Both screens crack. The first one
Tmobile replaced. The second they won't saying I crushed it. It has to
be a probelm with the screen to break so easy. I'm looking for more
people who have had this problem so I can take it to Tmobile."
same thing happen to me
some one told me to open and see if a cable was unplug from the screen
idk
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
11. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 17 2008, 10:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2008, 10:29 PM EDT
Unless you file with the Federal Communications Commission FCC.com, nothing will happen. When they get enough complaints, though, they will say the Shadow has a defect and will be more likely to replace it.

Anonymous
12. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 18 2008, 2:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2008, 2:52 PM EDT
mine lasted 2 months and after one drop the LCD cracked! i went to world of wireless and they said it will cost 150$ to replace it! i had no insurance on the phone so when i took it to T-Mobile they sent me away. I am looking for a LCD screen that i could replace it myself but i still cant find one! T-Mobile sucks.

Anonymous
13. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 18 2008, 5:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2008, 5:02 PM EDT
all you people that are complaining about the shadow need to think about one thing, nobody forced you to buy it and for those of you that put it in your "pocket" or purse are idiots for doing so. it is not a defect with the phone it is what the wireless industry calls "cell phone stupidity. as someone who works in the wireless industry i hear you customers complaining all day about how the phones are defective yet your own stupidity causes the screens to break
2  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
14. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 18 2008, 5:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2008, 5:23 PM EDT
you people are blaming the wrong people for the cracked screen. T-Mobile doesnt make the shadow adn we dont warranty it either. HTC decides what is and is not covered under warranty. we have to abide by their decisions. so you can complain to T-mobile or you can complain to the company that actually decides whether something is covered by warranty or not. you can call any manucaturer you can think of and every single one of them will say that a cracked screen is considered physical damage and not covered under warranty. so stop being dumb and take reponsibility for your own actions and stupidity and realize T-Mobile has more important things to do than listen to people who cant take care of a cell phone
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
15. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 19 2008, 10:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 19 2008, 10:21 PM EDT
um...how is it our fault? my screen broke today. it was in my pocket. you don't put your phone in your pocket? ive had the shadow for a month. it's slow and it freezes a ton, and it's very fragile. the only thing i really like about it is the nice camera. how is it my fault, that it was in my pocket i take it out after school and the screen is damaged? what do you think we do, slam our legs against things so our phone screens will crack? how can we not take care of a cell phone. we can take care of one fine. maybe they should've considered that people put their cell phones in their pockets when designing the phone and the crystals in the lcd wouldn't have bursted...im so pissed off that i cant get a replacement

Anonymous
16. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 20 2008, 11:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 20 2008, 11:10 PM EDT
Nice try! :))) You are absolutely correct --- duh -- T-Mobile does not make the product, they have no warranty!, they have no responsibility for anything except marketing their name, which sells a faulty compilation of components called a Shadow. Why is it that my other T-Mobile phone had no problem for years while it was in use in the real world of pockets, purses, car seats, pants, holsters and places that MOBILE phones are supposed to survive in? I want my cell phone to take care of me -- not the other way around and "Built Ford Tough." Yes, I was stupid to believe the sales pitch and T-Mobile gave me a new Blackberry, which is just fine, thanks. I do have a new idea, though -- a book called "The Care and Feeding of your Cell Phone."

Anonymous
17. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Mar 31 2008, 3:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2008, 3:06 PM EDT
For the idiot who doesn't put his phone in his pocket, can't imagine where else he puts it. 2 shadows, 2 cracked screens. Getting my 3rd shipped to me this week for free because I bitched and bitched until they told me they would replace it for free. Probably going to sell it on ebay to some poor soul who doesnt know any better and get a blackberry.

Anonymous
18. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Apr 3 2008, 4:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 3 2008, 4:36 PM EDT
"For the idiot who doesn't put his phone in his pocket, can't imagine where else he puts it. 2 shadows, 2 cracked screens. Getting my 3rd shipped to me this week for free because I bitched and bitched until they told me they would replace it for free. Probably going to sell it on ebay to some poor soul who doesnt know any better and get a blackberry."
Same here!!!!! I just cracked my second phone!
cdeyoung

cdeyoung
19. RE: screen cracked! new t-mobile SHADOW - FIRST DAY!
Apr 3 2008, 5:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 3 2008, 5:00 PM EDT
I am on my second phone and it just cracked last night while it was in my pocket.
2 3 4 5  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)