• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: TOMTOM GO720

Keyword tags: TOMTOM
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Addy5150
Addy5150
TOMTOM GO720
Jan 13 2008, 1:52 AM EST
So I am having a problem getting my new christmas present a TOMTOM GO720 to work with the GPRS connection on my Wing so I can take advantage of the free traffic updates... Please help... I have been putting in calls to both TOMTOM and T-Mobile the only helpful thing came from TOMTOM they let me know that I needed a DUN Connection which I still don't get because my TOMTOM uses GPRS... I don't know... Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: TOMTOM GO720
Jan 14 2008, 2:38 PM EST
"So I am having a problem getting my new christmas present a TOMTOM GO720 to work with the GPRS connection on my Wing so I can take advantage of the free traffic updates... Please help... I have been putting in calls to both TOMTOM and T-Mobile the only helpful thing came from TOMTOM they let me know that I needed a DUN Connection which I still don't get because my TOMTOM uses GPRS... I don't know..."
The DUN connection they were referring to is creating a Dial Up Networking session to the GPRS network. This is old school from back when Tethering your device to a PC was just getting big and the devices and PC's didnt have all the capabilities they have now.
I am guessing that the DUN settings need to be input in your TomTom Application so...you will need to get the DUN settings from TMO and have TomTom tell you where they go.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)