• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Delete multiple messages

Keyword tags: delete inbox messaging select all sms
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Delete multiple messages
Jan 4 2008, 9:34 PM EST
Stupid question I'm sure, but how do I delete multiple messages from my Inbox.

SMS is getting slow as Inbox and Sent Items have a lot in them, do I have to delete one by one? Cant work out a way to select more than one (or even select all). Is it in there somewhere?

Tks!

Matt
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Delete multiple messages
Jan 7 2008, 11:13 AM EST
yes there is a way to delete all text messages from your folders. Go to your text message screen and hit "menu" Now, you'll see your "deleted items" "drafts" "inbox" etc..

highlight the folder u want to clear and press menu again and select "clear all text messages"

warning: Selecting this will make your phone slow down dramatically! you wont be able to answer calls or send messages as that this process takes almost as long as it would if u were to delete the messages individually. I suggest you turn your radio off until after all the messages clear so you dont miss incoming texts or have your phone freeze up because of an incoming call. I hope this has been helpful. Any Q's I'm at gdawg5454"at"gmail.com
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 13 2008, 10:22 AM EST
thanks for that - so it is all or one-by-one then....kinda sucks, since with a touchscreen phone i could just 'scroll and circle' them to delete.

thanks for the pointer though, appreciate it!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 16 2008, 7:09 PM EST
Thanks man.. this was a pain in my ass as well.. Problem solved!
:-)
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
re : delete
Feb 9 2008, 12:00 PM EST
yay!
i love youu!

hah a
thanks,
iitt saveeedd my liifee!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: re : delete
Mar 7 2008, 12:16 PM EST
thank you that was awesome. I used to sit there for hours trying to erase all of my messages. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)