• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Threaded SMS

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Gillian708
Gillian708
Threaded SMS
Dec 19 2007, 10:33 AM EST
I've been a Treo user FOREVER and finally made the switch to Windows Mobile.

The one thing I truly missed was the 'chat style' or threaded sms messaging. It was ridiculously hard to keep track of conversations on my Tilt with the OZ messenger that came installed.

After multiple downloads, tryouts, deletes and frustrations, I finally settled on a program I really like; Extreme Text by Birdsoft. It loads quickly, doesn't bog or slow down my Tilt, and has a very customizable interface. All my text messages that were on my Tilt (HUNDREDS) were loaded right there on the first go in nice chat style interface.
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Threaded SMS
Dec 19 2007, 1:55 PM EST
One of the reasons why I still use my Treo 650 for threaded SMS, WinMo never got this idea and Palm has to make their own app so their WinMo Treos will have this function. Sux that we have to pay 15 bux to get wast we thought was a standard feature. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 20 2007, 12:27 PM EST
No kidding; as much as I love my tilt, I do miss the simplicity of my Treo. I'm sure I sound a lot the the Mac users who switch to PC's that I love to ridicule ("I had my program built in!" "Ah, but now you have the freedom to choose from hundreds of programs").

That SMS program was definitely the best though, that's one thing for sure. Also, databases seemed to sync and run so much more seamlessly as well; one thing I thought for sure Windows would have over Palm (Excel is your program dammit!).

1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 23 2008, 9:48 PM EST
I discovered a very reliable threaded SMS client for Pocket PC Phone. It handles both square and rectangular displays. It has some good configuration options for the display and has an excellent popup notification functionality too.

http://www.pocket-sms.com

Downsides are that it only runs on WM 5.0 or better and the license needs to be activated.

Otherwise, a nice simple application which is not so hot on graphics and presentation but has good functionality/setup opions.
Do you find this valuable?    
Gillian708
Gillian708
Jan 24 2008, 1:45 AM EST
this program looks very similar to the Treo style, nice! One question; when you're using the 'letter recognizer' etc. to input text does the window with the text your typing move up so that it's still visible? Do you find this valuable?    
Konsantink

Konsantink
Feb 21 2008, 1:56 AM EST
I recommend you to try SMS-Chat available at http://iWindowsMobile.com
It looks great, just have a look. And you can do everything just with your finger! I am sure after you see it you will definitely say that SMS-Chat is the best threaded SMS messaging client on the web currently.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors