• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: T-mobile Bricked

Keyword tags: T-mobile Ameo

Watch
robinsb

robinsb
T-mobile Bricked
Nov 13 2007, 2:23 AM EST
When trying to upgrade my T-mobile Ameo which is an HTC athena from WM 5 to WM 6 it bricked and I can't start it even with a hard reset. can anyone advise what I can do apart from using it as an object to throw at my dog! Do you find this valuable?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
RE: T-mobile Bricked
Dec 24 2007, 4:03 PM EST
Wow. I've been comtemplating whether or not to upgrade my ROM to WM6, and really not feeling it now. doesn't seem like a good thing to do. Question: what OS is your computer? I'm asking because wondering does XP is compatable with WM6, and if it is wise to use WM6 with it. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 24 2007, 4:42 PM EST
"Wow. I've been comtemplating whether or not to upgrade my ROM to WM6, and really not feeling it now. doesn't seem like a good thing to do. Question: what OS is your computer? I'm asking because wondering does XP is compatable with WM6, and if it is wise to use WM6 with it."
Windows XP is compatible with WM6. My wife has her AT&T 8525 which was upgraded to WM6 synced up to a Windows XP laptop. I had my Tilt synced up to Windows XP as well, but bought a Vista laptop recently and now am syncing up to that. Do you find this valuable?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
Dec 24 2007, 5:26 PM EST
Rainman76: I'm still leery of upgrading because of the problems associated with WM6. My phone is unlocked so I would have to send the phone back to HTC(mobile planet purchase) if anything went seriously wrong which would be a big problem-i sold my Treo 650 so I don't have a backup. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 24 2007, 5:39 PM EST
"Rainman76: I'm still leery of upgrading because of the problems associated with WM6. My phone is unlocked so I would have to send the phone back to HTC(mobile planet purchase) if anything went seriously wrong which would be a big problem-i sold my Treo 650 so I don't have a backup."
WM6 has been very stable for me. I have performed it on two AT&T 8525's (Hermes). What issues have you heard of? Also, what device are you running and I can tell you about any issues I know about upgrading your specific device. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 24 2007, 5:43 PM EST
"When trying to upgrade my T-mobile Ameo which is an HTC athena from WM 5 to WM 6 it bricked and I can't start it even with a hard reset. can anyone advise what I can do apart from using it as an object to throw at my dog!"
Here is a link on www.xda-developers.com for people who have bricked their Athena's.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=331885&highlight=Brick
Do you find this valuable?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
Dec 26 2007, 9:16 AM EST
Rainman 76, I have the Herald 4350. Now from what I reading here, people updating to WM6 are making PC phones into bricks, losing software, hanging up after installation. I've created a thread because I would like to post Good answers from other that know the right fixes. I will catalogue them by the type problem(like the brick) and then exstrapolate good tested answers and post those. I like my Herald the way it is now and adding WM6 seems like alot of trouble. On the other side, there are fixes posting by yourself and others, which have been test by others which is cool.

Merry Christmas Everybody!!
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors