• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: No more reminders

Keyword tags: None

Watch

Anonymous
No more reminders
Sep 9 2007, 10:27 PM EDT
My phone used to play an alert for my calendar reminders. I went on vacation and didn't have my phone with me most of the time (no service) and when we got back I noticed that my phone doesn't play sounds or display reminders for calendar items. Everything else seems to be working fine. I checked the sound settings and it is still set to play a sound for reminders. Why isn't it working?? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: No more reminders
Oct 9 2007, 1:57 PM EDT
Obviously the grmlins got your phone when you were away and deleted all of your calendar events... duh 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
caveywavey

caveywavey
Feb 13 2008, 11:46 AM EST
The exact same thing has happened to me and I can't fix it despite repeated efforts. All entries are still there, but I no longer get a visual or audible reminder. What I have noticed is that when a calender entry goes in it has a bell symbol which means it will have a reminder, and that this dissappears some time before - approx 1 to 3 hrs before the time. Anyone got any ideas? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 20 2008, 11:20 AM EST
Have you tried a soft reset? If that doesn't work, I'd go for a hard reset and put the phone back to square one. It is a Windows device and resets come with the territory. That is not a negative thing. Windows allows lots of programmers and users to customize their toys. Some of these efforts don't play nice together and break each other. Do you find this valuable?    
TAXI-MARIANA
TAXI-MARIANA
Mar 26 2008, 4:57 AM EDT
Same problem with my HTC Touch. Suddenly, no more reminders sound! I'd checked the settings, and everything is as it used to be when it worked properly.
I'd tried a soft reset, without succes ! any further suggestions ???? Thanks .
Do you find this valuable?    
caveywavey

caveywavey
Mar 27 2008, 6:07 PM EDT
Mine suddenly came back ! No idea why. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 23 2008, 8:00 PM EST
Here a fix.
http://www.randyrants.com/2007/05/wm6_tip_how_to.html
Direct link to the CAB file to fix
http://www.omnisoft.com/downloads/OMNISOFT_Dash_WM6_ReminderFix.CAB
Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors