• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 3125 power down for no good reason

Keyword tags: None

Watch
kusho
kusho
3125 power down for no good reason
Jan 20 2007, 4:48 PM EST
Anyone else have their phone just randomly power off for no good reason? I turn the thing back on and the battery is fine. This is annoying. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: 3125 power down for no good reason
Jan 21 2007, 8:28 PM EST
I too have the same problem. It shuts off for no reason. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Jan 23 2007, 3:18 PM EST
Have you checked out your battery cover? This phone is designed with a built in switch that will not allow the device to be powered up without the battery cover securely in place. If your battery cover is loose, this would cause your device to power down. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 26 2007, 6:09 PM EST
Yes, I got one last month and it is BOTH powering down without reason -AND- the memory card info sometimes disappears until reboot. Both have me frustrated. I'll check my battery cover but it's not loose, maybe a swith issue ? not sure.......any help would be great.
Do you find this valuable?    
happy_and_healthy

happy_and_healthy
Feb 3 2007, 2:17 PM EST
"Yes, I got one last month and it is BOTH powering down without reason -AND- the memory card info sometimes disappears until reboot. Both have me frustrated. I'll check my battery cover but it's not loose, maybe a swith issue ? not sure.......any help would be great.

"
This seems to be a common problem, I have read about it on other forums. The fix is to remove the battery cover and put a small folded up piece of paper between the cover and the cover switch, to ensure the switch stays depressed. This seems to fix the powering down -AND- the memory card disappearing act. I don't have this phone yet, I just ordered it, so I can't give any more details about the location of the cover switch until it comes. Let us know if that fixes it! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 7 2007, 1:15 PM EST
I had the problem so I called Cingular and exchanged it out. The new one does not have the problem. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 31 2007, 10:39 PM EDT
"I had the problem so I called Cingular and exchanged it out. The new one does not have the problem."
I too have had the same problem but also have it reboot on its own without me doing it. Called Cingular and they said it must be defective and would replace it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 1 2007, 11:16 AM EDT
Im going to call cingular too, happeneds 5-6 times a day Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 14 2007, 8:51 AM EDT
Well i had the same problem but it was happening only when i surf the net (internet explorer). Then i started to delete history after i finish browsing and it stopped doing so.
Mystik
Mystik
Apr 16 2007, 4:49 PM EDT
Power offs due to loose battery doors are common with WM5 devices. I also have a Dell Axim x51v, with the same problem... i also bought an extended battery for it, and only the standard battery door has the problem.

paper works, some use nail polish, others replace the battery door... some replace the whole unit (but honestly, why? you're liable to get one with the same problem all over again)...

Anonymous
Apr 25 2007, 8:14 PM EDT
I am having the same problem plus I will lose sound and vibrate once a week. This gets me in trouble with my wife. I try powering down and resetting the battery, but nothing works except restetting to factory setting and losing ALL my settings. This is my second phone with the same exact problem. Luckily , I was able to return the first one to the store, because it happened within 30 days of purchase. I am going to have to ship the second one back. What a pain in the neck. I love the phone, but this is terrible. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 9 2008, 9:19 PM EDT
After a 1 1/2 years of service it powers down and reboots for no reason. It has happened about 3 times in this period. Battery cover not loose, this phone has the black plastic holster and protects the back battery cover. It is very firm and sturdy. I have a feeling it's a software issue. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 10 2008, 9:04 PM EDT
my phone does the same damn thing. it turns off about 18 times a day now. i lose all of my missed calls, texts, recent numbers saved, etc. i am thinking about fixing it by putting my penis in the back panel and ejaculate all over the battery to make the battery cover stick to the phone 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 18 2008, 2:21 PM EDT
TAKE YOUR BATTERY DOOR COVER OUT AND MAKE SURE both sides look identical meaning each side has this little metal flap barly can see it, mine did same thing, and when i figured it out i needed a new door cover and works fine 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 2 2008, 11:07 PM EDT
"Anyone else have their phone just randomly power off for no good reason? I turn the thing back on and the battery is fine. This is annoying."
Also, make sure the switch on the bottom right hand corner is working properly. The phone cover presses this switch down while it is in place, and if it's not pressing it down all the way, the phone will constantly restart! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 21 2008, 3:16 PM EST
phone turns off and on automatically, did not get attention untill recently. called AT&T suggested to call HTC despite upgraded software use because of the problem. AT&T not ready to take responsibility although the problem seemed common and wide spread, and even not ready to prepond upgrade eligibility time by 2 and half month.Do other people have same customer serice approach as well? is there a way to tweak the software to avoid the problems? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2008, 1:32 PM EST
This is very helpfull information, however I cant seem to find the switch, maybe someone has a picture or some graphics how to find it? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 31 2008, 1:05 AM EST
I had a CIngular (HTC) 3125 that did the same thing. The back cover was loose and would cause it to reboot anytime it moved the wrong way. I still have the phone and I need a new back cover to get it to work. Tech support had me reboot the phone by removing the back while the phone was on. I had to do it so many times the catches broke off. I now have an IPhone 3G. Much better. Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors