• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Phone Off

Keyword tags: None

Watch
TheValueGroup

TheValueGroup
Phone Off
Nov 26 2006, 2:53 PM EST
I was wondering if you could assist me. Cingular telephone support has been fantastic, but after getting kicked up to their second level support, all they know to do is send me to get a free replacement phone. This is too time consuming, and I have my phone set up exactly how I want it this time and don't want to exchange.

My problem is simple. The phone goes to sleep. It even says "Phone Off" where it usually says Cingular. I have now confirmed that other than a master reset (where I also lose everything), the only way to wake up the phone is to try and make a call, and then the device will tell me it is off and ask me if I want to turn the phone on. Simple enough fix, but you have no idea how long the phone has been off, and all your incoming calls go right to voice mail.

Is there some way to update the "firmware" or some fix anyone knows?

Brian
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Phone Off
Dec 19 2006, 8:09 AM EST
Hi Brian, not sure if this will resolve your problem, but I received the same "Phone Off" message on the display and after speaking with support they infomed me that my phone was in "Flight Mode"
Resolved by selecting the "Start" menu, then selecting the "More" option twice. Select the "Comm Manager" and then select the #1 Phone Icon.

This resolved my issue and returned the phone to service.

Anonymous
Dec 19 2006, 10:59 AM EST
I understand how to turn phone back to on, but the question from me also is , why does it turn off? It is acting somewhat like the wi-fi icon when it is turned off. My 8525 is also not able to receive calls because the unit has turned the phone to the off position. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 19 2006, 11:07 AM EST
"I understand how to turn phone back to on, but the question from me also is , why does it turn off? It is acting somewhat like the wi-fi icon when it is turned off. My 8525 is also not able to receive calls because the unit has turned the phone to the off position. "
Just to close the loop. I did exactly what I didn't want to, and returned the phone again and got another one and went through all thre rigamarole to set it up. It works perfectly, and has done so for more than two weeks. All I can say is that the problem must be hardware related, because both the old and the new had the same flash version. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 19 2006, 11:56 AM EST
I'm new here -
well, who can we scream at? adding comments to this post sure isn't going to resolve the issue.
Any ideas?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 19 2006, 12:26 PM EST
agreed, i ordered a new phone also. I came from 8125 to a 8525. This did not happen on the 8125. Is there a hack to keep phone on, like the one to keep GPRS on? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 10 2007, 10:11 AM EST
I have the same problem with my phone. Cannot get a replacement as it is past the warranty period. Hopefully someone has been able to resolve this problem. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 9 2008, 9:03 PM EDT
I have had my 3125 for about a year and a half, very few times has the "phone off" message appeared. I make a call and answer the question and done. I believe it has to do with the pressing of the power button when shutting down and powering on. Pressing the power on button slightly will turn the features on but not the phone. Also make sure you hear the power up sound subsequently followed by a beep where the cell signal is acquired.

The problem I'm having now is a few times the phone turns off and restarts on its own when I try to dial a phone number. Usually after a few key strokes it shuts down and powers up. It happened today and about 3 weeks ago. Only running 1 application in task manager.

Anonymous
Phone Shut down option
Dec 20 2008, 3:58 AM EST
"I have had my 3125 for about a year and a half, very few times has the "phone off" message appeared. I make a call and answer the question and done. I believe it has to do with the pressing of the power button when shutting down and powering on. Pressing the power on button slightly will turn the features on but not the phone. Also make sure you hear the power up sound subsequently followed by a beep where the cell signal is acquired.

The problem I'm having now is a few times the phone turns off and restarts on its own when I try to dial a phone number. Usually after a few key strokes it shuts down and powers up. It happened today and about 3 weeks ago. Only running 1 application in task manager."
Dears, how I can shut down my HTC TYTN ii phone? is there any command for this
Regards Imran
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
RE: Phone Shut down option
Dec 20 2008, 11:39 AM EST
"Dears, how I can shut down my HTC TYTN ii phone? is there any command for this
Regards Imran"
To shut it down , depress the power button and hold until the shut down screen appears. Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors