• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: "Turn on Wi-Fi" does nothing! (MDA Compact IV aka Touch Diamond)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
"Turn on Wi-Fi" does nothing! (MDA Compact IV aka Touch Diamond)
Nov 10 2008, 5:20 PM EST
Hi guys, I am at my wits end on this one but when I select "Turn on Wi-Fi" the spinning ball comes up to tell me that it is TRYING to turn on Wi-Fi but then nothing happens. It just returns, still unticked/off with NO error message. No reason as to why it is still off! I have tried setting the power to "Best Performance" and changed the Wi-Fi to connect to both "The Internet" and "Work" but nothing works! Is there anything obvious I am doing wrong? Any help would be VERY greatfully received! Thank you. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: "Turn on Wi-Fi" does nothing! (MDA Compact IV aka Touch Diamond)
Nov 10 2008, 8:33 PM EST
do this reset your phone back to the way it was dont think its your phone. call your router provider if it linksys call 1800-326-7114. to reset your router settings.

i had almost two phone returns becouse of my thinking it was my phone wi-fi that was bad or going bad. i had the sec key code set on my dash and shadow thay were working good my shadow dont have data service but my dash dose. the shadow was working with the wi-fi ok but my dash was getting the connection but was not reciveing any thing. was thinking it was my data service not letting wi-fi work . but that was not it . it was the mac settings on the router. calling the tech center was all i needed to do. the reset thay gave me got my wi-fi on my dash working great better then befor faster. just dont know why the shadow was working but it sure was not becouse of the data service. your phones wi-fi may not be reciveing the mac settings from your router. try it and see good luck
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors