• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Problem with Opera horizontal browsing - Touch Diamond from TelusThis is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

Posted Anonymously
Problem with Opera horizontal browsing - Touch Diamond from Telus
Oct 12 2008, 8:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 12 2008, 8:44 PM EDT
Hey everyone,
I bought a touch diamond from Telus, and whenever i tilt the phone sideways while in Opera, in order to browse in landscape mode, opera minimizes and a random application pops up instead (sometimes the phone pops up, other times it will be call history, or it will just go back to the TouchFlo interface). Telus replaced the phone (because the battery was dying way too fast) and gave me a brand new one. The new one worked fine for a couple of hours, and then the same problem started again.
Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, have you figured out how to fix it?
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Problem with Opera horizontal browsing - Touch Diamond from Telus
Oct 27 2008, 7:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2008, 7:25 PM EDT
I'm having the same problems that you are having. I've talked many times to Telus and HTC directly but they really don't have any options at this moment. My phone became very buggy on the weekend where I lost the touch flow and pretty much everything else. My sync did not work so that was a big problem as I didn't want to do a hard reset. After a long chat with HTC, we could not resolve the issue and I had little choice but to preform a hard reset. Everything is working fine now but, for how long. This is also my second phone since buying it two months ago. The best thing you could do is keep phoning telus and HTC when you have problems because they need to become more proactive in fixing these problems. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Problem with Opera horizontal browsing - Touch Diamond from Telus
Nov 8 2008, 4:50 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 8 2008, 4:50 PM EST
I have the same problem, however I haven't told anyone about it yet . . . Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Problem with Opera horizontal browsing - Touch Diamond from Telus
Nov 29 2008, 3:57 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2008, 3:57 PM EST
I am also having this problem and called Telus. Apparently it means you have too many programs running and your tieing up the system. If have to close down running programs or do a reset and it should work better. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: Problem with Opera horizontal browsing - Touch Diamond from Telus
Nov 30 2008, 9:41 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 30 2008, 9:41 AM EST
I also have the same issue. I am on my second Telus HTC Diamond and have experienced the same issue with both. Telus told me they have heard of the issue and referred me to HTC for a patch. HTC told me there were no patches yet and to keep trying back. Bought the phone outright, so I may just return it. Don't really want to since everything else is great. But for such an expensive phone, it should work flawlessly. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)