• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Touch Diamond as BT modem with a Mac ?This is a featured thread

Anonymous
HTC Touch Diamond as BT modem with a Mac ?
Nov 9 2008, 8:35 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2008, 8:35 PM EST
I bought a Touch Diamond from e-mobile in Japan. It comes with a very attractive data plan. The phone works as modem like a breeze with a Windows PC but what about a Mac ? I tried but unsuccessfully to have it work with USB or Bluetooth on a macbook and an iMac. On some forums, I saw that people have managed to do it though. Does it depend on the carrier ?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Apple Mac Modem Touch Diamond

Anonymous
1. RE: HTC Touch Diamond as BT modem with a Mac ?
Nov 25 2008, 5:04 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2008, 5:04 AM EST
"I bought a Touch Diamond from e-mobile in Japan. It comes with a very attractive data plan. The phone works as modem like a breeze with a Windows PC but what about a Mac ? I tried but unsuccessfully to have it work with USB or Bluetooth on a macbook and an iMac. On some forums, I saw that people have managed to do it though. Does it depend on the carrier ?"
I've had problems connecting by USB, but BT works like a charm :)
Just pair your Mac and your Diamond, start Internet Sharing on your Diamond (select Bluetooth PAN and connect) and then select the Bluetooth menu on the mac, select your phone and then "Connect to network", now go surfin' :)
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: HTC Touch Diamond as BT modem with a Mac ?
Nov 26 2008, 6:37 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2008, 6:37 AM EST
That's exactly what I did but it did not work at all

Anonymous
3. RE: HTC Touch Diamond as BT modem with a Mac ?
Dec 6 2008, 8:06 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2008, 8:06 AM EST
"That's exactly what I did but it did not work at all"
Go to Bluetooth configuration, select your phone, then Advanced, and check "Share my internet conection with other Bluetooth ...."

0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
4. RE: HTC Touch Diamond as BT modem with a Mac ?
Dec 26 2008, 11:27 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 11:27 PM EST
"I bought a Touch Diamond from e-mobile in Japan. It comes with a very attractive data plan. The phone works as modem like a breeze with a Windows PC but what about a Mac ? I tried but unsuccessfully to have it work with USB or Bluetooth on a macbook and an iMac. On some forums, I saw that people have managed to do it though. Does it depend on the carrier ?"
Hi, I also bought a diamond from emobile and have a macbook. I used it as modem but my question is ....do they charge for this? I mean I have a data plan but using the device as modem has a cost? another question, the diamond ask me to choose between two connections, Emnet and emb or something like that, I always choose the first one, do you know the difference between those?

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)