• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Can't update my TYTNII ROM to WM 6.1!!! please help

Keyword tags: htc touch (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Mehrdadr

Mehrdadr
Can't update my TYTNII ROM to WM 6.1!!! please help
Sep 16 2008, 6:33 AM EDT
My phone serial number is HT809GB09358 and I tried to download the new ROM from the midlle east website. When I try to download the Asian version of the file I just get a website error, here is the errored link: http://203.73.25.118/download/RomCode/%5CHTC%20TyTN%20II%5CWM6.1_MR2%5CRUU_Kaiser_HTC_WWE_3.28.405.0_radio_sign_25.83.40.02_1.65.17.56_Ship.zip
Now when I get the European version after only 1% of the update precedure I see the error message in my PC that this version does not mach your phone!!!
Please helpppppppppppppp,
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Can't update my TYTNII ROM to WM 6.1!!! please help
Sep 17 2008, 12:25 AM EDT
You can find WM 6.1 for TyTN II at http://pass-through.info 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Mehrdadr

Mehrdadr
Sep 17 2008, 4:05 PM EDT
Is that reliable? It's asking to install a toolbar!!! 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Mehrdadr

Mehrdadr
Sep 18 2008, 5:01 AM EDT
I tried another file, same and it gives me error 294 "invalid vendor ID" :( 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 23 2008, 9:03 PM EDT
"Is that reliable? It's asking to install a toolbar!!! "
don't do it bro......NO toolbars....do it any you are screwed 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Sep 24 2008, 12:43 PM EDT
All, it really isnt a good idea to load a cooked ROM on your device; not only does it void your warranty but it an also render your device inoperable.
When you get the message of "Invalid Vendor ID" when trying to run a ROM update, this means that the software you are trying to load is not intended for your device. While it is nice to be able to buy an unlocked version of this device, you never know what counrty it was intended for which makes it difficult to find the correct software.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 2 2008, 10:30 AM EDT
I just bought a HTC Touch and i tried downloading the newer version 3.03.651.4 and it gives me the Error (294), Invalid Vendor ID.

What does this mean and how do I fix it? I just bought this phone on Saturday!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 5 2008, 12:37 AM EST
I think you have an Indonesian serial. Try http://203.73.25.118/download/RomCode//HTC%20TyTN%20II/APAC/TyTN%20II_SEA_WM6.1_Upgrade_20080602.zip Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 5 2008, 12:40 AM EST
I only say this cause my serial is the same except for the last 3 digits. Or even call HTC and they will tell you where it's from. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors