Discussion: tiny green dot (pixel) in lower right corner of screen

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

cjmandrake

cjmandrake
tiny green dot (pixel) in lower right corner of screen
Aug 15 2008, 3:26 PM EDT
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this or know what it is. Some times when I wake up my phone there is a single pixel in the lower right corner of the screen that is bright green. It is the very bottom right pixel. It doesn't matter what theme I use or anything else, and it is not always there, just once in a while. I've only had my Wing for a week, so I am not noticing a pattern yet.

Thanks for any help.

-Cameron
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: tiny green dot (pixel) in lower right corner of screen
Aug 15 2008, 3:30 PM EDT
"Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this or know what it is. Some times when I wake up my phone there is a single pixel in the lower right corner of the screen that is bright green. It is the very bottom right pixel. It doesn't matter what theme I use or anything else, and it is not always there, just once in a while. I've only had my Wing for a week, so I am not noticing a pattern yet.

Thanks for any help.

-Cameron"
That is a pixel on its way out. It is a hardware issue which means that software cannot fix it. Do you find this valuable?    
cjmandrake

cjmandrake
Aug 15 2008, 5:19 PM EDT
While a bad pixel is possible, this one goes away when I change to a different screen or application. It only ever shows up on the today screen. I've had a lot of LCD screen phones, and usually can tell when a pixel is going or goes bad. This seems somehow different. I'll keep an eye on it none-the-less. The phone is brand new, so if it is a bad pixel, hopefully it fails sooner than later.

Thanks for the reply,

-Cameron
Loren345
Loren345
Aug 17 2008, 1:05 PM EDT
It does sound to me as though maybe your touch screen is going bad. If your phone is still covered under the warranty, I would recommed having Tmobile exchange it. the reason I say this is because I was using a blackberry about a year ago that had a similar problem (it was not touch screen) and I ignored it. eventually I got more and more to the point where the screen looked like crap and was hard to read certain features. TMO tried to tell me that I must have dropped it or damaged the screen in some way. (I DID NOT) I filed an insurance claim for factory defects and got a new one (actually i think it was refurbished) but it did not ever have that issue again.
I would talk with tech support and see what they think, but sounds like you are about to have a touch screen go bad to me.
Hope this helps and hope you all have a great weekend !!! It's awesome here in Kansas btw, been 70-80 degrees for several days and is a NICE change from the 90-100 weather we were having, except the mosquitos are REALLY bad right now !!! UGH ....anyway ..sorry ...just wanted to get that in there....
Good luck Cameron

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors