• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: 8525 is missing task managerReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

Posted Anonymously
8525 is missing task manager
Jan 16 2008, 3:27 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2008, 3:27 PM EST
My 8525 is missing the task manager feature...there is the "X" button feature, is this the same thing?

also...i seem to lock up alot and need to reboot. that is why i wanted to see the task manager.

Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Windows Mobile 6
Rainman76
Rainman76
1. RE: 8525 is missing task manager
Jan 16 2008, 3:35 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2008, 3:35 PM EST
"My 8525 is missing the task manager feature...there is the "X" button feature, is this the same thing?

also...i seem to lock up alot and need to reboot. that is why i wanted to see the task manager.

Thanks!"
Yes, the "X" button feature is the Task Manager application. I use something call pBar v1.5. It was developed by a Vietnamese programmer. I will find the link to it and post it here. The best part is that it is free. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: 8525 is missing task manager
Jan 16 2008, 6:51 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2008, 6:51 PM EST
"My 8525 is missing the task manager feature...there is the "X" button feature, is this the same thing?

Thanks!"
Soundslike you have WM5???
In WM5, Task Manager and X Button are 2 separate applications that are both present on the device.
In WM6, the X Button is integrated into the Task Manager as the Button Tab,.
Rainman76
Rainman76
3. RE: 8525 is missing task manager
Jan 16 2008, 8:48 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2008, 8:48 PM EST
Here is the link to the pBar I was talking about:

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/pbar.shtml

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: 8525 is missing task manager
Nov 13 2008, 5:35 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 13 2008, 5:35 PM EST
okay your dumb all you have to do is go to settings, the middle tab, then go all the way to the bottom and you'll see task manger

it did the same to me

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: 8525 is missing task manager
Nov 30 2008, 6:34 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 30 2008, 6:34 PM EST
"okay your dumb all you have to do is go to settings, the middle tab, then go all the way to the bottom and you'll see task manger \

it did the same to me "
this guy has no right to call anyone "dumb"... he/she/it has crappy grammar and can't even spell! what a dork. and it's too bad he/she/it didn't even check the date of what he/she/it was even replying to.

To anyone else looking for info....

Anyways, there is more than one version of the task manager. For example, my 8925 has version 1.51 while the 8525 I recently upgraded to WM6 has version 1.00. The 1.51 version puts the icon in the menu bar while v1.0 does not, in addition to that v1.51 has cleaned up the checkboxes and such. I recommend using it or newer if possible..... Now to find the cabs for it. If I find anything I'll post info here.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)