• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Lotus notes sync through webmail

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

MichielBakker

MichielBakker
Lotus notes sync through webmail
Jun 24 2008, 10:37 AM EDT
Hi there, I've a bit of a problem at work. Or more of a challenge. We would like to have our workers to be able to buy a smartphone. We are running Lotus notes 7.0.1 on the server. Because the workers have to use their phone for at least 10% for working matters (for tax advantage), we want to provide them with the possibility to use a webbrowser to check their mail and callender. We've the oppertunity for the workers to check their mail and callander at home through webmail. We would like to provide them with something similair on their smartphone. The idea is to set some demands on the kind of smartphone they can buy. We were thinking of a smartphone with Windows Mobile 6 with Internet explorer and a working Internet connection. Can anyone help me? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Lotus notes sync through webmail
Jul 3 2008, 2:47 AM EDT
Hi, I'm a Pocket PC user myself on WM5. My company is also on Lotus Notes v.7 and it isn't possible for me to view the webmail via the pre-installed IE browser because of some Java issue. There are 2 solutions:

1) Get mNotes / mSuite for your company - this software would sync Mail, Calendar etc from your Lotus servers to your smartphone unit while you're on the move.
2) Get NetFront - use this as the browser. The only drawback is that altho' one can view the mail, you can't reply to mails. Which actually defeats the purpose.

0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Lotus notes sync through webmail
Jul 3 2008, 7:09 PM EDT
Will WM6 and its new IE view and reply to webmail? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors