2  | Next
Goattee

Goattee
T-Mobile ROM Update
May 28 2008, 3:30 AM EDT
T-Mobile has ROM update for Wing 0 10 minutes ago by Goattee

Thread started: 10 minutes ago Un-Watch
You can find it at http://www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade/

Does anyone know what this update (4.26.531.4) fixes/adds/removes/contains?
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: T-Mobile ROM Update
May 29 2008, 8:55 AM EDT
Installed it on my wing. So far, the only difference I see is the newer office apps that can ready .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx files. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 29 2008, 8:59 AM EDT
Installed on my wing. The only difference I notice so far is the upgraded offices apps. I can now open docx, xlsx, and pptx files.

Also, not sure if this is new or not, but there appears to me a new "MMS Options" setting in the Messaging app. I am not a big texter, so I really don't know if this is new or not. It's new to me...

Do you find this valuable?    
Heart_Crafter

Heart_Crafter
May 29 2008, 11:50 PM EDT
Kool I just updated... i think it uses a little less memory...
lets see after a couple days ;)

Anonymous
May 30 2008, 5:22 PM EDT
thread is real Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 18 2008, 5:29 AM EDT
after running update for a week i removed it and went back to the old rom. the update really does nothing but make the phone harder to customize and tweak. it sucks folks Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 19 2008, 5:09 AM EDT
"i click on clear storage on my MDA"
"i click on clear storage on my MDA, now it only showing the t-mobile logo, please how can i get my ms mobile back, becos i cant use my phone again" Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 19 2008, 5:11 AM EDT
"T-Mobile has ROM update for Wing 0 10 minutes ago by Goattee

Thread started: 10 minutes ago Un-Watch
You can find it at http://www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade/

Does anyone know what this update (4.26.531.4) fixes/adds/removes/contains?"

"i click on clear storage on my MDA, now it only showing the t-mobile logo, please how can i get my ms mobile back, becos i cant use my phone again"

Anonymous
Jun 28 2008, 9:21 AM EDT
i too after running update for a couple days removed it and went back to the old ROM. I AGREE the update really does nothing but make the phone harder to customize and tweak. stay with the old ROM the new one is crap Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 29 2008, 4:29 PM EDT
I updated my t-mobile June 28, 2008 and noticed more memory available and response a bit faster. Since my T-wings was purchase in March 2008, might be the reason for my experience. Also there is an option to receive incoming calls will sync, this a new dialog box. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 5 2008, 6:53 PM EDT
to each his own. I love the update. Got a new phone and installed he update on that one right away. The update stopped my phone from freezing when running multiple applications and certainly increases the memory. Try it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 5 2008, 9:11 PM EDT
r u guys talking about 6.1??? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 10 2008, 1:24 AM EDT
excuse me but i deleted all of my instant messaging apps by mistake trying to make storage memory free. how do i get my aim back? please step by step Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 17 2008, 9:21 AM EDT
i updated, but the rom stil says .1 intead of .4 is this normal? has it been updated? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Loren345
Loren345
Jul 22 2008, 1:59 PM EDT
"i updated, but the rom stil says .1 intead of .4 is this normal? has it been updated?"
I had exactly the same problem. I upgraded to the new ROM version (.4) with no problems, my WING ran faster and didn't freeze up anymore, but it kept timing out and changing my ringtone to something so quiet that I was missing calls. I called tmobile to speak with them about this and they told me to do a hard reboot (which by the way sets everything back to factory settings) and download it again from the tmobile website and reinstall it. The hard reboot set my ROM back to the .1 version but now when I try to upgrade to the .4 version again, it doesn't change. I called HTC tech support and they told me that it sounded like an issue with my phone and tmobile is now sending me a new phone. I am wondering if tmobile only allows you to download the .4 version once after you enter your IMEI number to get the upgrade. I have been on the phone with tmobile and HTC countless hours trying to get this resolved and you are the only person I have found besides myself that is having this issue. If anyone is having this problem, PLEASE blog it on here so that tmobile or HTC will finally fix whatever problems are going on with their downloads. I am really frustrated with the whole thing. I have even tried to get the "tweaks" that paul suggested from xda-developers, but apparently i don't have permission to access or download from that site, so now my frustration is through the roof !! If anyone has any suggestions ...please let me know ....contact me anytime you want. I would appreciate any help I can get. my email is [email protected] .....Thank you 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Loren345
Loren345
Jul 22 2008, 2:02 PM EDT
"excuse me but i deleted all of my instant messaging apps by mistake trying to make storage memory free. how do i get my aim back? please step by step"
only thing i can think of that might get them back would be to do a hard reboot. Make sure you sync your phone with your pc first so you don't lose all your contacts or schedules. Been there done that before and it sucked having to re-enter all of that stuff !!!! Do you find this valuable?    
Spelllthis

Spelllthis
Jul 23 2008, 2:49 PM EDT
Yes I have been having this problem and T-mm has sent me out 3 phones with the .1 version and none of them will update I have been going round and round with tech support and they have sent me to HTC and also according to T-MO I am the only person having this problem. I was trying to find someplace else to download it from.
Spelllthis

Spelllthis
Jul 23 2008, 2:50 PM EDT
"I had exactly the same problem. I upgraded to the new ROM version (.4) with no problems, my WING ran faster and didn't freeze up anymore, but it kept timing out and changing my ringtone to something so quiet that I was missing calls. I called tmobile to speak with them about this and they told me to do a hard reboot (which by the way sets everything back to factory settings) and download it again from the tmobile website and reinstall it. The hard reboot set my ROM back to the .1 version but now when I try to upgrade to the .4 version again, it doesn't change. I called HTC tech support and they told me that it sounded like an issue with my phone and tmobile is now sending me a new phone. I am wondering if tmobile only allows you to download the .4 version once after you enter your IMEI number to get the upgrade. I have been on the phone with tmobile and HTC countless hours trying to get this resolved and you are the only person I have found besides myself that is having this issue. If anyone is having this problem, PLEASE blog it on here so that tmobile or HTC will finally fix whatever problems are going on with their downloads. I am really frustrated with the whole thing. I have even tried to get the "tweaks" that paul suggested from xda-developers, but apparently i don't have permission to access or download from that site, so now my frustration is through the roof !! If anyone has any suggestions ...please let me know ....contact me anytime you want. I would appreciate any help I can get. my email is [email protected] .....Thank you "
this is what I was responding to by the way
Loren345
Loren345
Jul 24 2008, 8:19 PM EDT
"this is what I was responding to by the way
"
yeah ...t-mobile just sent me out a new WIng because I couldn't download the .4 version ....well...that would have been all fine and great...but it was a re-furbished phone ....the buttons did not work correctly and the touch screen only worked periodically ....I pay $5.99 a month for insurance which covers manufacture problems if you are still within the warranty period ......well.....I just got mine in december 2007 so I think I am just gonna pay the $70 and file a claim with the insurance and get a new phone ....I WILL NOT allow them to send me 3 different re-furbished phones that don't work and then keep giving me the run around. I paid too much money for this Wing and I plan on using it until which time I find something else that I "just can't live without !!" In response to your comment...I appreciate you taking the time to write on here....T-mobile told me I am the only one having this problem also. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 10 2008, 10:21 PM EDT
"yeah ...t-mobile just sent me out a new WIng because I couldn't download the .4 version ....well...that would have been all fine and great...but it was a re-furbished phone ....the buttons did not work correctly and the touch screen only worked periodically ....I pay $5.99 a month for insurance which covers manufacture problems if you are still within the warranty period ......well.....I just got mine in december 2007 so I think I am just gonna pay the $70 and file a claim with the insurance and get a new phone ....I WILL NOT allow them to send me 3 different re-furbished phones that don't work and then keep giving me the run around. I paid too much money for this Wing and I plan on using it until which time I find something else that I "just can't live without !!" In response to your comment...I appreciate you taking the time to write on here....T-mobile told me I am the only one having this problem also. "
well I bought my phone in may and the problems started instantly they took 3 weeks before they sugested that they exchange it and I am now on my 6th refurb phone and I am so pissed off at T-mobile that I am seriously thinking about contacting an attorney to start a lawsuit it is really just not right what they hi feeling to lazy to log ins is really from spelllthis I was justave done.... P.S. Th Do you find this valuable?    
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors