• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: sounds and notificationsThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
sounds and notifications
May 23 2008, 4:46 PM EDT | Post edited: May 23 2008, 4:46 PM EDT
I have had my 8525 for almost a year and have had many problems with it. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help. First off, when i receive a text message, it will now make noise even though i have the setting on "notify" Second, when i touch the screen it makes this annoying tapping sound. when I hit the start button I want it to make the menu pop sound, but I don't know how to change it. my other problems I will have to take into the cingular store I guess because it will not send my text messages every once and a while. More so recently. If anybody could help, I would appreciate it. thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Windows Mobile 6
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: sounds and notifications
May 23 2008, 6:36 PM EDT | Post edited: May 23 2008, 6:36 PM EDT
"I have had my 8525 for almost a year and have had many problems with it. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help. First off, when i receive a text message, it will now make noise even though i have the setting on "notify" Second, when i touch the screen it makes this annoying tapping sound. when I hit the start button I want it to make the menu pop sound, but I don't know how to change it. my other problems I will have to take into the cingular store I guess because it will not send my text messages every once and a while. More so recently. If anybody could help, I would appreciate it. thanks "
1) I dont understand. You have it set to Notify so that would mean that you set it to notify you. If you dont want it to make a noise, change the option.
2) The sound options for the screen is under Sounds & Notifications. Uncheck the box for it.
3) The sound option fo rthe Buttons is also under Sounds and Notifications. Just check the box for it.

Anonymous
2. RE: sounds and notifications
May 23 2008, 8:03 PM EDT | Post edited: May 23 2008, 8:03 PM EDT
No, maybe you miss understood. When I receive a text message I want the sound to be the one called notify. It is checked and supposed to make that sound. It doesn’t not. When I tap the screen I want to be able to hear it, but I want it to be the sound called menupop. I had it set on that, but it makes an annoying sound. I want to know how to change that sound.
sdrcow
sdrcow
3. RE: sounds and notifications
Nov 27 2008, 8:18 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 27 2008, 8:18 PM EST
"I have had my 8525 for almost a year and have had many problems with it. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help. First off, when i receive a text message, it will now make noise even though i have the setting on "notify" Second, when i touch the screen it makes this annoying tapping sound. when I hit the start button I want it to make the menu pop sound, but I don't know how to change it. my other problems I will have to take into the cingular store I guess because it will not send my text messages every once and a while. More so recently. If anybody could help, I would appreciate it. thanks "
Hey man i understand your pain, mine is doing the same thing. Im thinking its because i have Windows Mobile 5. But I'm also having problems with my sounds/notifications >_<;; anyone know?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)