• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC-8900 Tilt

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Autoan
Autoan
HTC-8900 Tilt
Jan 11 2008, 3:50 PM EST
Hi folks;

Need some help on how to select all contacts on phone and transfer to Kenwood 7100 Truck Phone book?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: HTC-8900 Tilt
Jan 12 2008, 11:45 AM EST
"Hi folks;

Need some help on how to select all contacts on phone and transfer to Kenwood 7100 Truck Phone book?"
Are you talking about getting the contacts from your device to show up in the BT system built into your vehicle? It should read them automatically since the BT V 2 for thise device supports SAP (SIM Access Profile). Do you find this valuable?    
Autoan
Autoan
Jan 12 2008, 3:23 PM EST
Hi browntannis;

I am having to beam each contact one at a time and also having to de-select the HT phone from the Phone int the truck. I had a Nokia N75 before this and I wouldd copy all the contacts to the sim card and then beam them to the kenwood.

The HTC doesn't have a beam section or copy when you send the contacts to the sim card. Also another stupid thing that it does; is when you copy your contacts to the sim card the normal contacts page for the phone shows the sim and the normar phone book which makes it doubles when viewing.

Can you explain the BT V 2 for thise device supports SAP (SIM Access Profile). And also how to use it?

Thanks
Automan
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 18 2008, 6:19 PM EST
if you type in a contact as a SIM Contact it will nbot put the dashes into the number but if you type it in under the outlook contact it does put the dashes in it. I found this out today while I was adding someone to my contact list. Hope that helps. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
Jun 2 2008, 2:31 PM EDT
"RTFM, moron."
Just in case you haven't "read the manual" , it is called trolling . Going through help forums with no particular wish to help anyone just a wish to be obnoxious and try to start fights. Typically it is done by Anonymous. How sad for you and how sad is it that this has actually been given a name.

P.S. Even though you think Anonymous saves you, your ISP is recorded everytime you stop by.
browntannis
browntannis
Jun 2 2008, 3:39 PM EDT
"Hi browntannis;

I am having to beam each contact one at a time and also having to de-select the HT phone from the Phone int the truck. I had a Nokia N75 before this and I wouldd copy all the contacts to the sim card and then beam them to the kenwood.

The HTC doesn't have a beam section or copy when you send the contacts to the sim card. Also another stupid thing that it does; is when you copy your contacts to the sim card the normal contacts page for the phone shows the sim and the normar phone book which makes it doubles when viewing.

Can you explain the BT V 2 for thise device supports SAP (SIM Access Profile). And also how to use it?

Thanks
Automan"
Both the SIM and Outlook Contacts will show on your device by default which of course gives you duplicates. You need a 3rd party application (try KaiserTweak) that lets you disable this.
This device DOES give you the option to Copy ALL Contacts to your SIM. Go to Start>Programs>Tools>SIM Manager followed by Menu>Contacts to SIM.
Also, this device lets you "Beam: a SIM or Outlook Contact to a BT device. Just tap and hold on the Contact and select Send Contact>Beam.

BT v2 supports the SAP profile, along with many others, and quite literally, it either works or doesn’t (based on compatibility between devices).

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors