• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Problems connecting instant messagers in HTC 8925

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Problems connecting instant messagers in HTC 8925
Mar 16 2008, 11:17 PM EDT
Hi,
I have recently purchased a new unlocked AT&T tilt 8925 and started using tmoile sim card in that.I have downloaded skype network on this pda phone.Iam having a internet connection and my acces point is connected as internet3.voicestream.com .Iam facing problems with the internet connections(working for few sites and is getting closed abruptly for some sites) as well as connecting with yahoo messanger and skpe network.In the yahoo messanger and skype network it is simply showing the screen signing in but nothing happens after that.In the skype a message box is showing that solve network problems.I had a talk with tmobile people but ther are not able to fix it.A htc guy told me to contact this forum.Can somebody guide me to make yahoo messanger and skype to work with a tmobile connection in my htc 8925.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Problems connecting instant messagers in HTC 8925
Mar 17 2008, 6:10 AM EDT
"Hi,
I have recently purchased a new unlocked AT&T tilt 8925 and started using tmoile sim card in that.I have downloaded skype network on this pda phone.Iam having a internet connection and my acces point is connected as internet3.voicestream.com .Iam facing problems with the internet connections(working for few sites and is getting closed abruptly for some sites) as well as connecting with yahoo messanger and skpe network.In the yahoo messanger and skype network it is simply showing the screen signing in but nothing happens after that.In the skype a message box is showing that solve network problems.I had a talk with tmobile people but ther are not able to fix it.A htc guy told me to contact this forum.Can somebody guide me to make yahoo messanger and skype to work with a tmobile connection in my htc 8925."
Which application are you using for the Yahoo Messenger? If you are using the Oz messenger client that comes with the phone, it wil not work off of a data plan or Wi-Fi. It uses text messages to work. As for Skype, I'll have to look into that further. I haven't unlocked my phone to use other carrier networks, so I can't tell you what the issue is, yet. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 17 2008, 2:40 PM EDT
"Which application are you using for the Yahoo Messenger? If you are using the Oz messenger client that comes with the phone, it wil not work off of a data plan or Wi-Fi. It uses text messages to work. As for Skype, I'll have to look into that further. I haven't unlocked my phone to use other carrier networks, so I can't tell you what the issue is, yet."
Thanks for the response.I simply bought a new unlocked phone and used a tmobile sim card on it.I have not changed anything on the phone and iam trying to connect with the features that comes with the phone.Can you please guide me on how to use yahoo messanger in my new unlocked phone with a tmobile connection. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 2 2008, 12:49 AM EDT
did this work? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Monday, 10:48 PM EST
Hi i was so frustrated when i could not get skype to work with mu tillt which has 6.1 windows os.
finally i was able to do so go to this site http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/08/02/download-latest-skype-mobile-22045-for-windows-mobile-61-devices/
and download the Cab files to your memory card. then double click the cab files and it will install automatically , it will ask you where you want the e program to install, click the device and you are reaady to go. IT WORKS!!!! Hope this helps?//
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors