• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: password

Keyword tags: T-Mobile pocket PC
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
password
Mar 8 2008, 2:07 PM EST
hey i forgot my startup passord on my wing. can anyone please help me get it off. thnx.. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: password
Mar 9 2008, 4:15 PM EDT
"hey i forgot my startup passord on my wing. can anyone please help me get it off. thnx.."
The only way to get past the password is Hard Resetting the device which will delete all of your data and return your device to the state it was in when you first took it out of the box. There is not a password ovverride due to security in the WM platform. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 10 2008, 1:17 PM EDT
So how do you hard reset the device? The manual says Tilt does the reset through the software (Settings/System/Clear Storage), which you cannot access without the password. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 10 2008, 3:13 PM EDT
I thought you had the Wing since you were posting under Wing link...at any rate for either the AT&T Tilt or TMO Wing, you can do a Hard Reset by pressing and holding the 2 soft keys while doing a Soft Reset; if you get the key press combination correct, you will get a screen that asks you to confirm the Master Reset. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 20 2008, 6:12 PM EDT
i got a wing n i got same problem....wat r the 2 soft keys???

and can u tell me step by step please!!!
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)