• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Not keeping my settings

Keyword tags: dash Rogers S620 S621 Smartphone T-Mobile
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Not keeping my settings
Feb 20 2008, 2:30 PM EST
I have the Dash and just had it replaced as I cracked the screen. The new versions of this phone are not allowing me to keep my personal settings (i.e. home screen, ring tones, etc.) and revert to the mfg. defaults when the phone is turned off and turned back on.
Anyone have this problem? If so, has it been resolved? T Mobile says it is a known issue by them but doesn't seem to be problem with the Dash Mfg.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Not keeping my settings
Thursday, 10:48 AM EDT
Yes...this is a problem with my Dash, and the reason I'm on this forum looking for an answer. I received my Dash in Feb '08 as well, so maybe a problem with a recent build. Other folks I know with older devices do not have this problem. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Not keeping my settings
Thursday, 12:43 PM EDT
"I have the Dash and just had it replaced as I cracked the screen. The new versions of this phone are not allowing me to keep my personal settings (i.e. home screen, ring tones, etc.) and revert to the mfg. defaults when the phone is turned off and turned back on.
Anyone have this problem? If so, has it been resolved? T Mobile says it is a known issue by them but doesn't seem to be problem with the Dash Mfg. "
Do you happen to have MyFav's loaded on the device? If so, this is likely the cause. It seems as soon as your device registers with the MyFav's server, it gets a message that reverts it back to the default Homescreen, etc. You can confirm this by changing your settings, turning the radio off on the device (not the device itself) and see that the settings dont change until you turn the radio back on and your device registers with MyFav's. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)