• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: LCD or Touch screen not working

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
LCD or Touch screen not working
Jan 5 2008, 9:44 PM EST
After a hard reset, the LCD or touch screen does not respond. A screen display to align or calibrate also do not work.

Do I need to replace the LCD or are there other solutions to make the touch screen work ? Appreciate your help on this. Thanks
11  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: LCD or Touch screen not working
Feb 27 2008, 7:09 AM EST
SAMe PROBLEM..have u got any solution??please advise! 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 29 2008, 6:05 PM EDT
"SAMe PROBLEM..have u got any solution??please advise!"
Same here, all the keys wok , but touch screen does not work. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 1 2008, 8:51 PM EDT
Same problem... Just happened today. I was playing solitaire, when an email came to one of my inboxes and the touchscreen all of a sudden stopped working. Have tried rebooting. I even tried a hard reset by taking the battery out and still nothing. All of the buttons funtion and Windows appears to respond to all of the external button on the MDA, I just cannot use the touchscreen.

Please Help!!!
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 17 2008, 10:03 PM EDT
I had this same problem....after a soft reset, the phone came back on the touch screen didn't work. I called Sprint Customer Support and they were telling me to a hard reset and all this stuff. I removed my clear LCD screen protector, did another soft reset, and magically the touch screen worked again. Sadly, I can't image this would work for everyone, but it worked for me.... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 14 2008, 7:10 PM EDT
Same problem here. Touch screen doesn't respond. After first hard reset i can't even get the beyond the Windows Mobile setup anymore. Warrantee just expired a few days ago!! Has anyone come across a solution? 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 23 2008, 1:34 PM EDT
I've found most of the posts here quite accurate to what I'm experiencing, handed over my cell phone to my buddy to plug it in and charge it, about four hours later the monitor wouldnt even go back on. I had done a hard reset, and it doesn't get passed the Green/blue Windows Mobile screen. Although I've experimented, if I leave it there for a few hours, it eventually goes to the normal screen yet nothing on the screen functions, only the buttons on the bottom which are also screwing up on me.

I can see that this thread is EXTREMELY dated, so perhaps a solution to the issue would be necessary.

Thanks.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 12 2008, 1:47 AM EDT
Same problem i am facing with my HTC p3400 :( .. think it happend when phone was exposed in rain . Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 12 2008, 11:03 AM EDT
I had the same problem too - was in the middle of something last night and couldn't tap anywhere. Tried shutting it off, adjusting the sim card - nothing. So today it finally dawned on me that the reset button served a very useful purpose :-) It's working again but it's still pretty buggy. Not sure if that's a Windows problem or AT&T but I haven't had the phone for very long. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)