• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: S-730

Keyword tags: HTC-S730
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
S-730
Jan 16 2008, 1:03 PM EST
After a couple of day's I received my Navigation software and I started to install it on my S730. Unfortunally I keep getting the following message: "Unable to install application. Please update your device ROM to the required version before trying again"

Two things, 1, I can't seen to get the message of my phone, it keeps on comming back (with a 3minute interval. give or take a few) To remove the message from my screen I need to start over my action becouse it's forcing me to go to the home page. And two, what are all messages I read about the ROM update which this smart phone requires. I'm talking about the forums ofcourse. Please respond urgently, becouse I want to change my HTC for another device.

Greetings Rob
Do you find this valuable?    
rakusson

rakusson
RE: S-730
Jan 17 2008, 5:14 PM EST
Most probably, you are trying to install some software (I presume it to be GPS), however, S730 does not support GPS (though there is rumor that it has built in GPS chip but not ROM). Therefore, your navigation software keeps on asking to update ROM. The best way to remove the message is to uninstall the software. I hope you know how to uninstall the software. If not go to Start -> Settings ->More...-> Remove Program. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?