• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: will not charge

Keyword tags: charging

Watch

Anonymous
will not charge
Jan 14 2008, 12:32 PM EST
my phone stopped charging. thought it might be the charger but I tried the usb cable to my pc and it still is not charging. Any suggestions? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: will not charge
Jan 14 2008, 1:43 PM EST
"my phone stopped charging. thought it might be the charger but I tried the usb cable to my pc and it still is not charging. Any suggestions?"
What color is the LED when you plug in the charger? That info would help. Did you try another battery? Take a look at the USB prot on your device, it there are bent pins or damage there, that would be the problem. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 14 2008, 3:00 PM EST
The led flashes red. Now the battery is dead so doesn't do anything. I can't see any damage or bent pins.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Jan 14 2008, 6:29 PM EST
"The led flashes red. Now the battery is dead so doesn't do anything. I can't see any damage or bent pins.
"
Sounds like the USB/Charging Port is the issue. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 15 2008, 3:19 PM EST
Now sure if I should start a new thread, but I have a similar issue with a Touch I just bought this past Saturday. Problem I have is the batter does not seem to charge unless I power the phone off. I had it plugged in at 11pm and by 5am the battery was at 60% and still charging. I powered it off and checked again at 7pm and was fully charge at 100%. I made sure no apps were running or connection to the internet. Do I really have to turn off the unit so it can fully charge? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice on this matter. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Jan 15 2008, 8:19 PM EST
"Now sure if I should start a new thread, but I have a similar issue with a Touch I just bought this past Saturday. Problem I have is the batter does not seem to charge unless I power the phone off. I had it plugged in at 11pm and by 5am the battery was at 60% and still charging. I powered it off and checked again at 7pm and was fully charge at 100%. I made sure no apps were running or connection to the internet. Do I really have to turn off the unit so it can fully charge? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice on this matter."
You shouldnt have to power the device to get a full charge but it can take longer with the device booted up.
Were you using the AC Charger or the USB? USB definitely takes longer as it is a trickle charger.
Since it is new, test it a few more times to see if the battery just needs to be "broken"in.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 31 2008, 5:01 AM EST
I too have the same problem with my T-Mobile MDA (HTC Wizard). When I plug-in the charger, the batter doesn't charge. The led continously flashes in orange and the power icon on today screen shows that it is plugged in.
Tried replacing the battery, but that didn't help
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 23 2008, 6:16 PM EDT
this problem is also happening with the t-mobile shadow (HTC-Juno) after about amin or so the orange led turns off and i get a little X near the battery 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 24 2008, 12:10 AM EDT
is your led in constant blinking
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 2 2008, 5:28 AM EDT
anybody knows
is charging htc touch with usb damage its battery?
or which way is good to charging battery with usb or AC?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
colacmotorcycles

colacmotorcycles
Sep 14 2008, 6:31 AM EDT
my touch cruise shows a charging icon while connected to usb or AC and a orange LED but battery is not increasing its charge, it is steadily running down when charging disconnected, but seems to stay at the same level while connected, has anyone any information? Its around 6 months old, no problems until this occured yesterday. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 29 2008, 1:49 AM EDT
I'm having the exact same problem. No damage to the phone and I was able to charge it yesterday with no problems. I'm checking to see if I can get another battery & a charger now. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 15 2008, 2:37 AM EDT
I have the same issue, the touch does not charge anymore, I even bought a new battery, still won't work, led is not blinking, no color, just totally dead. I just bought it for 9 months. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
colacmotorcycles

colacmotorcycles
Oct 16 2008, 12:00 AM EDT
tried a new battery, still no luck, ended up buying a seperate battery charger off Ebay, it is now the only way of recharging the battery. HTC refused warranty as it was purchased overseas.!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 6 2008, 7:50 PM EST
just checking if there's any update or fix for this? My touch pro stopped charging as well. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 11 2008, 2:54 PM EST
"I'm having the exact same problem. No damage to the phone and I was able to charge it yesterday with no problems. I'm checking to see if I can get another battery & a charger now."
yeah whats going on with my touch Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2008, 6:11 AM EST
"just checking if there's any update or fix for this? My touch pro stopped charging as well. "
I have an MDA Vario which would'nt charge - the LED indicator glowed RED. Also couldnt boot up because there wasnt enough charge to get me to the 'today' screen. Now, this link provided a few ideas, especially for 'jump starting' the phone battery. I tried it from a 9v battery as described by "Deliman31" and it got me to the AC charge state where the LED now glowed AMBER to start with, and as the charge progressed (about 90 mins for a full charge) the LED glowed GREEN.

Here's this guy's suggestion: http://www.htcwizardweb.net/node/2055

So far, so good. MY problem, is that having charged to full (100%), and switched the mobile on, although I could use the functions (make calls, sms...etc) the CHARGING INDICATOR at the bottom right of the screen STILL showed the 'plug' icon - as if it's still ON CHARGE (via USB or AC). My guess is that the battery is draining from somewhere. The right LED should be 'blinking' green but it's CONSTANT AMBER - not blinking.

When I check the battery info (tap the charging icon) I get the flow of charging from 0 - 100% as if it's on charge - IT ISN'T.

Any further ideas?? It's a new battery...oh, and the charger is functional
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors