• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Battery and charging

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Thebux

Thebux
Battery and charging
Jun 2 2008, 2:29 PM EDT
I have recently signed up for BT Broadband Anywhere, and received my ToGo smartphone (aka HTC s620).

However, I am having problems as follows:

According to the manual, when charging the phone from the mains, the indicator light should show steady orange while charging, and change to steady green when fully charged.

Instead, mine shows flashing orange while plugged in, which, according to the manual, means that the battery is outside operating temperature. This does not change even when the battery is fully charged, and happens on both the small and large battery.

Four possibilities occur to me:

1. My phone is faulty
2. Both my batteries are faulty
3. My charger is faulty
4. I have unwittingly altered a setting on the phone which need to be corrected.

Any advice, assistance would be welcome

Many thanks
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
aylesworth

aylesworth
RE: Battery and charging
Jun 2 2008, 4:21 PM EDT
Are you using the AC power adapter or the car charger? I was told when I bought my tilt that car chargers used frequently will damage the battery? Not sure if this is helpful, but after using a cell phone for 8 years, this was the first time I was told to limit use of the car charger. My wife used her car charger exclusively and the battery on her phone loses charge quickly, so I am inclined to believe the clerk. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
babudpoa
babudpoa
RE: Battery and charging
Jun 3 2008, 9:53 AM EDT
we have a problem in HTC devices, "overheating" happens to many of us, just we cool off the device, and continue working, but the light flash, u might as well send it to the workstation. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors