• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Touch rom upgrade

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  | Next

Anonymous
RE: HTC Touch rom upgrade
Jul 8 2008, 11:26 AM EDT
I think I am going to try to call the techs at Sprint today. does anyone have a number for that? (so i won't have to talk to 10 people just to get to the techs)

I want to see if they have an idea as to the release date.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 8 2008, 4:35 PM EDT
"Unfortunately for me, the "official" ROM upgrade did not work so well for me. GPS does not work in Google Maps. Also, my phone will no longer sync with two computers. I know there are byzantine workarounds all over the internet about getting around this problem but I feel it is ridiculous to spend 20 minutes every day to do something that used to take 2.

I also need to flash back to the old WM 6.0. It hangs, it stutters, and it crashes but I could keep my schedule updated. PLEASE HELP if you can. I can't wait for word from Sprint. The official release could be weeks away and I can't wait that long..."
Hi, Did you installed the update from the links that I posted? From XDA? I have trouble too the first time to use the GPS with Google, but now I can use it with Google Maps and Live Search. When I active the GPS it dial again for the internet. It says Dialing Phone As Modem, and I click the Cancel button and it dial again like Sprint PCS. Then in a few seconds it get the GPS Signal. In Google only check where says Use GPS and wait for the signal. Don't check My Location until have the signal. It get you location automatically. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 12 2008, 2:56 AM EDT
"if your phone is gsm (you have a sim card in the back) then you have the "elf" version, if you have the cdma phone (no sim card) then you have the "vogue"."
IMPORTANT: You can upgrade the P3450 (Elf) version of the Touch til the cows come home and you still won't get gps connectivity. The hardware for this version of the phone simply does not have that connectivity. You can, however use bluetooth to connect to an external bluetooth GPS...the original ROM has everything you need to do this.

Everything you've ever wanted to know about elves is at http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Elf (including pics)
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 17 2008, 2:30 PM EDT
"Hi, Did you installed the update from the links that I posted? From XDA? I have trouble too the first time to use the GPS with Google, but now I can use it with Google Maps and Live Search. When I active the GPS it dial again for the internet. It says Dialing Phone As Modem, and I click the Cancel button and it dial again like Sprint PCS. Then in a few seconds it get the GPS Signal. In Google only check where says Use GPS and wait for the signal. Don't check My Location until have the signal. It get you location automatically."
What did 'active the GPS' and 'dial again' mean? How did you make it active and dial? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 17 2008, 6:35 PM EDT
"IMPORTANT: You can upgrade the P3450 (Elf) version of the Touch til the cows come home and you still won't get gps connectivity. The hardware for this version of the phone simply does not have that connectivity. You can, however use bluetooth to connect to an external bluetooth GPS...the original ROM has everything you need to do this.

Everything you've ever wanted to know about elves is at http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Elf (including pics)
"
My problem is, it worked when I just upgraded it. After several hours, it does not work anymore. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 18 2008, 5:09 PM EDT
This is absolutely the *OFFICIAL* Touch Rom update from HTC. Screw all those other updates.......Enjoy!

1. Upgrades the operating system from Windows Mobile® 6.0 Professional to Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
2. EV-DO Rev. A functionality for faster download and upload speeds when utilizing data services wherever EV-DO Rev. A coverage is available.
3. Advanced GPS functionality including the Sprint Navigation application.
4. Adds the Opera browser.
5. Adds a full Qwerty on-screen key Qwerty keyboard

http://www.htc.com/us/faq_detail.aspx?p_id=76&act=sd
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 18 2008, 5:43 PM EDT
It's about FREEKEN time! YAY! Thanks for the post! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 18 2008, 7:22 PM EDT
"What did 'active the GPS' and 'dial again' mean? How did you make it active and dial?"
Ok, I mean. When you install the upgrade to WinMo 6.1 for the HTC Touch from Sprint you can use the GPS with Windows Live, Googles Map, etc.

When you open Google Maps go to Menu and click "Use GPS". Then the phone begin to dial a connection again. You get a windows that says "Dialing" and if you read it it says Phone As Modem sometimes. Other times it only says Sprint. But if you see that the message says Phone As Modem click the Cancel buttom. Then it begain to dial again with Sprint PCS. Then when the GPS found you on the Map you can use "My Location"
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 18 2008, 7:47 PM EDT
Is it just me or is the ROM update not found at that site: http://www.htc.com/us/faq_detail.aspx?p_id=76&act=sd Do you find this valuable?    
excelon34

excelon34
Jul 18 2008, 9:32 PM EDT
"Is it just me or is the ROM update not found at that site: http://www.htc.com/us/faq_detail.aspx?p_id=76&act=sd"
Thats odd..... Im the one that posted the link earlier, It showed the link for the download lastnight but it directed me to that same screen. Im not sure why it's removed now, but i've already updated the rom on my touch from that link and it works fine. It may be back up tomorrow. But that is the correct and official update. The link works, it was just removed by HTC. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 18 2008, 10:18 PM EDT
Cant seem to find it also, was there this afternoon
Wonder if we are going to see a .5 version posted soon?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 18 2008, 11:06 PM EDT
excelon, would be able to post the rom update you downloaded today? Much thanks if you can!!!! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 19 2008, 3:00 AM EDT
"Thats odd..... Im the one that posted the link earlier, It showed the link for the download lastnight but it directed me to that same screen. Im not sure why it's removed now, but i've already updated the rom on my touch from that link and it works fine. It may be back up tomorrow. But that is the correct and official update. The link works, it was just removed by HTC."
what is your rom vesion?

mine is:
ROM version 3.03.651.2
ROM date 6/23/2008
Radio version 3.42.30
Protocol version DCAAXAM-4350H

Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1
robby363

robby363
Jul 19 2008, 6:40 AM EDT
I think the link was a test page for Mondays update, but here's a direct link for it . http://216.139.227.226/RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_2_Radio_3.42.30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 19 2008, 9:25 AM EDT
What site is that update from? I'm done with unofficial anything since it ruined my phone? Why did HTC remove the official ROM from the site? Any ideas? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
dmbpj

dmbpj
Jul 19 2008, 10:42 AM EDT
What is the easiest way to backup your phone before the upgrade or will all my shit have to be reloaded (like voice recordings, games, etc...)?

TIA
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
excelon34

excelon34
Jul 19 2008, 11:11 AM EDT
"what is your rom vesion?

mine is:
ROM version 3.03.651.2
ROM date 6/23/2008
Radio version 3.42.30

CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1"
Wow.....where did u download urs from? I got mine directly from HTC. Mine is:

ROM version 3.03.651.4
ROM date 6/30/2008
Radio version 3.42.30

CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1)
excelon34

excelon34
Jul 19 2008, 11:15 AM EDT
"excelon, would be able to post the rom update you downloaded today? Much thanks if you can!!!!"
Im very sorry, I wasnt thinking when I downloaded the update. I saved it to a temp folder, now I cant find it. If the download on HTC ever returns I will save is correctly for anyone who needs it. Do you find this valuable?    
robby363

robby363
Jul 19 2008, 2:15 PM EDT
"I think the link was a test page for Mondays update, but here's a direct link for it . http://216.139.227.226/RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_2_Radio_3.42.30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe"
This is the rom update that HTC had up on their site yesterday and then took down because it's not supposed to be up till July 21. Someone from ppcgeeks saved it as a direct link. Do you find this valuable?    
excelon34

excelon34
Jul 19 2008, 3:00 PM EDT
Yeah ur right Robby, Its the same update I have from HTC........so there u go fellas. Enjoy! Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  | Next
Site pages
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors