• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Touch rom upgrade

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  | Next

Anonymous
RE: HTC Touch rom upgrade
Jun 12 2008, 1:36 AM EDT
"RE: HTC Touch rom upgrade
Yesterday, 4:35 AM EDT

OK, this is the test rom that sprint has in their labs, i tried it, it unlocks GPS and RevA.
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OMJ/ROMS/RUU_Vogue_4350_PPST_SpeciallNBH_SPRINT_WWE_3.02.651.2_Radio_435011_3.37.15_AM_NV_SPCS_1.33_0823_Test.exe

Super easy to flash as well"
Anyone know when the "Stable" version will be coming out?, It seems to work well but the touch screen is a little slow, also the GPS seems to lag. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
bobtech
bobtech
Jun 26 2008, 3:08 PM EDT
"Anyone know when the "Stable" version will be coming out?, It seems to work well but the touch screen is a little slow, also the GPS seems to lag."
Got test version applied, worked WM6.1 and no GPs wonder why. Gps setup wont boot program 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 28 2008, 12:11 AM EDT
I just talked to the sprint PPC tech support, and I do not know if It will be true, just stating what I was told. The agent told me that the official release date as of now is July 2nd 2008 and that I could check the following site on the second to see if it did get released. http://developer.sprint.com/show_thread.do?forumId=116&searchBy2=MSG_PARENT_ID&searchValue2=-1&searchBy3=MSGFORUM_FORUMID&searchValue3=116&ps=10&pn=1&threadid=25994&sortDirection=0&sortCol=MSG_AUDIT_MOD_DT 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 28 2008, 11:05 PM EDT
"Anyone know when the "Stable" version will be coming out?, It seems to work well but the touch screen is a little slow, also the GPS seems to lag."
How do you say the GPS works on this ROM update i cant get it to work, Rev A maybe and WM 6.1 yes but no GPS... HELP... Do you find this valuable?    
bobtech
bobtech
Jun 28 2008, 11:07 PM EDT
"I just talked to the sprint PPC tech support, and I do not know if It will be true, just stating what I was told. The agent told me that the official release date as of now is July 2nd 2008 and that I could check the following site on the second to see if it did get released. http://developer.sprint.com/show_thread.do?forumId=116&searchBy2=MSG_PARENT_ID&searchValue2=-1&searchBy3=MSGFORUM_FORUMID&searchValue3=116&ps=10&pn=1&threadid=25994&sortDirection=0&sortCol=MSG_AUDIT_MOD_DT"
How do you say the GPS works on this ROM update i cant get it to work, Rev A maybe and WM 6.1 yes but no GPS... HELP... Do you find this valuable?    
bobtech
bobtech
Jun 28 2008, 11:26 PM EDT
how did you get this version, It worked but not for GPS. you have the fianl out yet? Do you find this valuable?    
pat3rn5.1n.ka0s

pat3rn5.1n.ka0s
Jun 30 2008, 6:40 PM EDT
I am the one who posted: I just talked to the sprint PPC tech support, and I do not know if It will be true, just stating what I was told. The agent told me that the official release date as of now is July 2nd 2008 and that I could check the following site on the second to see if it did get released. http://developer.sprint.com/show_thread.do?forumId=116&searchBy2=MSG_PARENT_ID&searchValue2=-1&searchBy3=MSGFORUM_FORUMID&searchValue3=116&ps=10&pn=1&threadid=25994&sortDirection=0&sortCol=MSG_AUDIT_MOD_DT. Like I said the stable release (the one that is actually relesed by sprint and HTC) is going to come out on July 2nd, 2008. I do not have it yet as it comes out in 3 days. I really hope that it does come out soon and that it will have the promised GPS Rev A and WM6.1 on it! Sorry if I set the expectation that it was out already. I am anxious just like you, if I get it I will post the link. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
bobtech
bobtech
Jun 30 2008, 7:03 PM EDT
when the new ROm comes out can i wipe out the old ROM i just installed? and how? Do you find this valuable?    
pat3rn5.1n.ka0s

pat3rn5.1n.ka0s
Jun 30 2008, 8:21 PM EDT
Not only can you, it makes you. It does a full wipe of your phone, just like doing a re installation of windows. So BACKUP ALL YOUR STUFF FIRST! It does it automatically. I am not sure if the Touch is capable of doing a ROM upgrade straight from the phone or not, but I would still recommend plugging it in to a computer to do it, Once you plug it in and sync it, back everything up and then do the ROM upgrade. I don't know about you but I am willing to wait for a ROM that sprint supports, after paying 400 dollars for a phone, I don't want to brick it and not be able to get a new one! I will post on the second and let you know if it comes out and my success with installing it. I hope to be of help to someone. Do you find this valuable?    
Carlina

Carlina
Jul 1 2008, 12:48 PM EDT
Just a reminder to all impatient ROM upgraders that there are essentially two different versions of the HTC Touch. The GSM version (sold in Canada by Rogers and independent dealers as the P3450)) and the CDMA version (sold in Canada by Telus/Bell as the P3050). GSM is the unlockable one with WIFI. No WIFI on the CDMA. They look almost identical, though the CDMA might be very slightly smaller. There are various other key differences. Be watchful that you're not using the wrong upgrade. Do you find this valuable?    
bobtech
bobtech
Jul 1 2008, 2:32 PM EDT
Great , just upgraded ROM was impatient. Worked hopefully the final from sprint will update it fine.
thanks again.
Rob
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 2 2008, 4:34 PM EDT
Is it out yet?! 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 4 2008, 7:10 PM EDT
"Is it out yet?!"
The unofficial version is wreaking havoc with my phone and I'm desperate for Sprint to unleash the official ROM. In the meantime, I simply MUST flash the ROM back to the old version but I can't seem to find any info on where I can download it.

Please help! My device has now become a liability to my work! Any info would be appreciated!!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
Jul 4 2008, 9:10 PM EDT
"The unofficial version is wreaking havoc with my phone and I'm desperate for Sprint to unleash the official ROM. In the meantime, I simply MUST flash the ROM back to the old version but I can't seem to find any info on where I can download it.

Please help! My device has now become a liability to my work! Any info would be appreciated!!"
Here is the story, according to Sprint, the new rom is coming first half of July. But last fall they said 1Q 2008 so ? The test rom I think you have.
This supposedly is the Official new Sprint rom that someone got their hands on? Proceed at own risk.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=403016
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 7 2008, 1:02 AM EDT
Hi, I already download a ROM update for my Sprint Touch a few days ago. It said that was the official version but Sprint says that it is not. I already installed it and it's works very good. My phone not freezing anymore. I got GPS to works with Windows Live and Google Maps. It follow you while you move. The internet is Rev A I think because it is more fast. Now you have a new querty keyvoard with bigest key.Now you can see 3gp streaming with the Windows Media Player without have to install another software like HTC Streaming Player.

I found the information here
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/06/26/sprints-htc-touch-vogue-gets-windows-mobile-6-1-update/ and yu can download the update here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=403016

http://www.geek-pages.com/rom/RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.2_Radio_3.42.30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe
http://roobaroo.net/uploads/roms/RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.2_Radio_3.42.30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe
http://rapidshare.com/files/124851471/RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.2_Radio_3.42.30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship.exe.html

Anonymous
Jul 7 2008, 1:15 AM EDT
"Great , just upgraded ROM was impatient. Worked hopefully the final from sprint will update it fine.
thanks again.
Rob"
Unfortunately for me, the "official" ROM upgrade did not work so well for me. GPS does not work in Google Maps. Also, my phone will no longer sync with two computers. I know there are byzantine workarounds all over the internet about getting around this problem but I feel it is ridiculous to spend 20 minutes every day to do something that used to take 2.

I also need to flash back to the old WM 6.0. It hangs, it stutters, and it crashes but I could keep my schedule updated. PLEASE HELP if you can. I can't wait for word from Sprint. The official release could be weeks away and I can't wait that long...

Anonymous
Jul 7 2008, 9:55 AM EDT
How can I find out the kind of phone i've got??? I only know it is a HTC Touch, but in HTC home page there are 7 diferent phones as Touch... Gsm, Alltel, Bell, Rogers, Telus... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 7 2008, 11:00 AM EDT
"How can I find out the kind of phone i've got??? I only know it is a HTC Touch, but in HTC home page there are 7 diferent phones as Touch... Gsm, Alltel, Bell, Rogers, Telus..."
if your phone is gsm (you have a sim card in the back) then you have the "elf" version, if you have the cdma phone (no sim card) then you have the "vogue". 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
Jul 7 2008, 7:21 PM EDT
"How can I find out the kind of phone i've got??? I only know it is a HTC Touch, but in HTC home page there are 7 diferent phones as Touch... Gsm, Alltel, Bell, Rogers, Telus..."
Who is your provider? Who do you send your payments to? 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 7 2008, 11:09 PM EDT
I just updated with this rom and it does update to mobile 6.1. It took me a while to realize that the gps is unlocked. You can download the sprint navigation software here: http://www.box.net/shared/nn176q90k4
Just install it and it worked perfectly for me. I did not have to configure the gps at all. Hope this helps those having issues getting the gps to work.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  | Next
Site pages
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors