Discussion: need info about Advantage X7501 external GPS connector type

Keyword tags: None

Watch
xplorer

xplorer
need info about Advantage X7501 external GPS connector type
Sep 10 2007, 11:18 PM EDT
Hi friends,
I intend to use external GPS antenna with X7501 but find no detail about it. Could anyone please help advise the type of this connector ? Thank you.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: need info about Advantage X7501 external GPS connector type
Sep 17 2007, 3:42 PM EDT
There is no physical type of GPS connector. You can use a bluetooth connection to pair your external GPS or use the internal GPS which works great on my unit. Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Sep 29 2007, 10:11 AM EDT
Hi,
thanks for your reply. The X7501 does have an ext GPS antenna. Just below the camera lens, cover by the rubber plug. It is a special connector type. You only need to use it when you want stronger receiving signal to your X7501.

Anonymous
Jul 31 2008, 10:44 PM EDT
IT is a MS-147 Connector. MS-147 is straight and a MS-147c is a right angle connector. An MCX connector will not work. Digikey has MS-147 to SMA adapters. Which then can be adapted to anything. MS--147 connectors are usually mounted onto RG-147 coax.
The x7501 has two external antenna connectors. the GPS connector is near the camera lens. the other connector near the stylus is the external TV connector. But I do not know how to get on the device... YET! IF you know how to get TV on a X7501 then tell me, PLEASE.
[email protected]

Anonymous
Need info about Advantage X7501 external GPS connector type
Dec 27 2008, 8:36 PM EST
IT is a MS-147 Connector. MS-147 is straight and a MS-147c is a right angle connector. An MCX connector will not work. Digikey has MS-147 to SMA adapters. Which then can be adapted to anything. MS--147 connectors are usually mounted onto RG-147 coax.
The x7501 has two external antenna connectors. the GPS connector is near the camera lens. the other connector near the stylus is the external TV connector. But I do not know how to get TV on the device...
Have Seen External GPS antennas on Ebay but they do not identify the connector. Be cautious.

[email protected]

Anonymous
GPS antenna pic
Dec 27 2008, 8:39 PM EST
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=375959&page=14
Site pages
Top Contributors