Discussion: same issue with Vodafone v1605

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

JohnMelbourne

JohnMelbourne
same issue with Vodafone v1605
Aug 24 2007, 6:03 AM EDT
I have the HTC tytn badged as Vodafone model v1605. This is my second v1605 - the first had to be replaced for a non related fault.

My first v1605 did not have this bug - I could filter and sort concurrently. In contrast, I was not able to change the settings for the Today Screen. eg. I could not add the task list or any other program beyond the standard 4: alarm, calendar, SMS and email. To avoid confusion, let me clarify that displaying or hiding the tasks in the Today view has no imact on the sorting bug.

My second v1605 does exhibit the exact same bug as you.describe.

It seems to me that the bug is related to OS version. I'm pretty sure that I have an up to date version now, which suggests that it was introduced into the latest version rather than always being there.

I have contacted Vodafone support to seek help but have had no reply at the time of writing. If I get any more info I will let you know.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: same issue with Vodafone v1605
Aug 31 2007, 2:35 PM EDT
I too have the same "tasks don't sort by due date" bug on my HTC. using WM 5.1.465 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 13 2007, 6:27 PM EDT
Update on my response above.

I have now conducted a discussion with Vodafone over emails and two calls. They report that this is an unknown fault even though I gave them a list of URLs reporting the fault. After much delay their technical department blame MS Activesync. They have offered no information regarding a fix date from MS. Initially Vodafone offered a replacement HTC but since escalating they now seem to have withdrawn that offer. Instead they offer me an alternate replacement phone that does not rely on MS Win CE (no specific model discussed). Currently I have declined this offer based upon the September fix mentioned in the original post.

I have to say that Vodafone do not inspire me with confidence. Their support has consistently been lacking knowledge regarding the phone and it's peculiarities. I have repeatedly been forced to draw their attention to this website amongst others in order to progress my fault resolution.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
JohnMelbourne

JohnMelbourne
Sep 13 2007, 6:29 PM EDT
Update on my response above.

I have now conducted a discussion with Vodafone over emails and two calls. They report that this is an unknown fault even though I gave them a list of URLs reporting the fault. After much delay their technical department blame MS Activesync. They have offered no information regarding a fix date from MS. Initially Vodafone offered a replacement HTC but since escalating they now seem to have withdrawn that offer. Instead they offer me an alternate replacement phone that does not rely on MS Win CE (no specific model discussed). Currently I have declined this offer based upon the September fix mentioned in the original post.

I have to say that Vodafone do not inspire me with confidence. Their support has consistently been lacking knowledge regarding the phone and it's peculiarities. I have repeatedly been forced to draw their attention to this website amongst others in order to progress my fault resolution.

Anonymous
Apr 6 2008, 8:58 PM EDT
I suffering the same problem with a Telefonica HTC 3300 with WM 5.1.342...

Has anybody found a solution?
Site pages
Top Contributors