• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Bluetooth stereo headsets

Keyword tags: None

Watch
shoebob04

shoebob04
Bluetooth stereo headsets
Feb 21 2007, 12:45 PM EST
Anybody use the above with this phone? Any problems? Which set did you use?
Thanks.
Do you find this valuable?    
nwaldhart

nwaldhart
RE: Bluetooth stereo headsets
Mar 5 2007, 4:41 PM EST
I've had my Cingular 3125 for several weeks now, and have been fiddling with two different stereo headsets; the Jabra BT620s (which I got from buy.com for half of Cingular's price), and the Southwing SA505 (which I got from Cingular).

I started with the Jabra, and had problems from the start. It paired with the 3125 with no apparent problems, but would not play stereo music through the headphones; rather, the music played through the 3125 earpiece. After trying for several days to find a way it would work, I finally gave up (well, I never really finally give up), I walked up to the Cingular company store and bought the Southwing. It worked immediately, and seemed not to have any problems at all, except that I didn't like it nearly as well as the Jabra. After a couple of days, however, it started exhibiting the same symptoms as had the Jabra; no stereo music from the headphones.

At that point, I knew it had to be the phone, so I re-read carefully both 3125 user guide and the Jabra instructions. The note at the top of page 83 of the 3125 guide gave the clue, I think, saying "If the Bluetooth headset becomes disconnected, turn the headset on and repeat steps 1-3 above. Select the headset and click Menu>Set as Hands-free or Set as Wireless Stereo".

I concluded "becomes disconnected" means "the music profile has been lost, and needs to be restored". Why that should be, and how it happened, I don't understand (because the 3125 still seems to think the profile is still in effect), but I proceeded to clear Wireless Stereo, then re-instate it, and everything was fine again. This worked for both the Southwing and the Jabra.

So, I will return the Southwing to Cingular and use the Jabra. In my estimation, the latter is a much better headset - sound is very much better, it is simpler to operate, and the design is cleaner. I am happy with it, finally.

Neil Waldhart
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 23 2007, 6:03 PM EDT
"Anybody use the above with this phone? Any problems? Which set did you use?

Thanks."
I tried the Logitech Freepulse stereo headset. It paired correctly with the 3125 and produced stereo audio; however, the audio would stop when a new track started. The only solution that I could find was to refresh the bluetooth link. This just isn't practical to do for each and every track so I returned the headset for a refund (Best Buy). 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 23 2007, 6:37 PM EDT
i like the motorola 820 a lot are you getting true stereo i have heard the 3125 sends out a mono signal only unless you intitute a hack 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 28 2007, 6:21 PM EDT
Trying the Motorola S9 since I wish to wear it at the gym and this seems to be tailor made for that purpose. At the current time I am only getting music out of the left earphone - the same one the phone comes through when a call comes in. Not sure how to work around that at this time. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SigmaX

SigmaX
Jun 14 2007, 8:58 PM EDT
I have been using the Motorola 820 for a month now and it is great. Stereo sound and much more comfortable than the earbuds that come with the phone. Only wish is that ATT(Cingular) would go back to the original ATT Wireless form of customer service. This is though my favorite smartphone to date and I have had many. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 27 2007, 12:24 AM EDT
Yes - using the Motorola HT820 and it sounds great; did the hack and got stereo. However, whenever another process is active, like checking email or a website, the little 195MHz processor can't keep up and the music pauses...and starts up...and pauses...and starts up...until the other process ends...it's annoying. Do you find this valuable?    
hawkspoint

hawkspoint
Aug 16 2007, 1:42 PM EDT
"Anybody use the above with this phone? Any problems? Which set did you use?
Thanks."
I use the Motorola S9 (I got it from Amazon, considarably cheaper than Cingular/ATT) and I never had a problem with the stereo streaming. It took me a while to manage the rather small and sensitive little buttons on the S9. But otherwise there was no problem at all. Streaming stereo Bluetooth was the whole reason why I bought the phone in the first place.
Barbara

Anonymous
Sep 19 2007, 9:54 PM EDT
ATT/Cingular offers $90 with the use of a $30 rebate (ends soon) but you can get on Amazon for $77 all day long. Works great. Listening to the SubDudes right now. Cool...... Muito bom.... 2 gigs gets you close to 500 songs. Pretty good variety. Not IPOD stuff. Damn close. If you are a techncrat, use online pricing and figure it out..........if not, wait in line at the ATT store. they really are pretty helpful at the stores. Avoid the online ATT store. Go to Amazon. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 11 2007, 8:50 PM EST
same problem1 any fixes? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Bluetooth stereo headsets and S9 problem
Nov 11 2007, 9:44 PM EST
I had the same problem. I had changed my drivers to wm5 (to enable sirius windows audio codec streaming through tcmp...didn't work however...yep it WAS stupid). Therafter I had music through the left earpiece only. I then reset my device using sprite backup to a time prior to me installing the wm5 wma drivers, and now all is working perfectly.
Hope this helps.
king001001
king001001
Bluetooth stereo headsets problem
Feb 8 2008, 5:36 AM EST
To know more about using the Bluetooth sterio headset with htc 3100 please follow the link below
http://fab007forum.forumotion.com/
you can have to find it there

from there you can have to download the “Bluetooth setup.exe” or “Bluetooth setupu.cab” both theexe file and the cab file is available for download at http://fab007forum.forumotion.com/

yesterday I had downloaded it from http://fab007forum.forumotion.com/ and installed it in my HTC 3100
really it works
its very easy to work with it
there is no configuration needed

first you should turn on your Bluetooth and add you Bluetooth headset
for adding your Bluetooth headset tp your list you should know its password
some Bluetooth headset makers gives the password with the box
but some other uses the password that is four zeros (0000)

after adding you Bluetooth headset
then transfer the file “Bluetooth setup.cab” or “Bluetooth setup.exe” to your phone
then install it on you phone
you can have to find the icon of the installed program on your phones menu
its named as “bluetooth”
then run the program
and then press the start button

you can hear all the sounds from your “smartphone” through your Bluetooth headset till now.
Enjoy it my good friends
Please inform me your responses
Done by,
[email protected]
From,
http://fab007forum.forumotion.com/
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 11 2008, 8:10 PM EST
Thanks a lot, i am able to listen the music in WMP and also able to pick the call. I am using hTC 8125, and now i am happy buying a jaber headset. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 11 2008, 8:11 PM EST
I can send the A2dP if anyone need.
mail me at [email protected]. that shall help for connect the bluetooth for both stero and headset.
king001001
king001001
Nov 26 2008, 8:35 AM EST
buy the bluetooth audio setup file from here
it costs only 1 us dollars
http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/4548488-bluetooth-audio-setup
Site pages
Top Contributors