• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Clock keeps being selected and sometimes changes timeThis is a featured thread

storm77

storm77
Clock keeps being selected and sometimes changes time
Dec 4 2007, 1:08 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2007, 1:08 AM EST
Hi Does someone know how to lock the clock setting on the Today Screen? If I accidentally brush against the clock it goes to the clock page and tries to change the clock. It's very irritating. Anyone have a patch to make all the settings something you have to double tap to select?

I also have the same sort of problem when I am talking, the phone goes into weird modes as my face touches the screen, some time games come on, the speaker phone comes on. Why couldn't they copy the iPhone. I don't want to put it in locked mode when the phone is ringing because then I it's impossible to change to speaker phone or to dial extensions or look at contacts. They need to be double tapped in certain space of time to activate. Any hacks out there? Anybody else with this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: clock Double tap face
Rainman76
Rainman76
1. RE: Clock keeps being selected and sometimes changes time
Dec 4 2007, 10:02 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2007, 10:02 PM EST
I personally use a bluetooth headset 90% of the times, but when I am not using it, I usually just hit the power button to turn the screen off. It won't stop your phone call. Give it try and see if it works on the Touch.
Do you find this valuable?    
storm77

storm77
2. RE: Clock keeps being selected and sometimes changes time
Dec 4 2007, 10:24 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2007, 10:24 PM EST
Thanks, I do use the power button when it's not in use, it's just when I am using it or have just turned the power on and am moving it to a position where I can use it, it just assumes I want to edit everything and anything that gets accidentally touched or brushed against.
storm77

storm77
3. RE: Clock keeps being selected and sometimes changes time
Dec 7 2007, 7:03 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2007, 7:03 PM EST
Anybody else have a solution? Anybody else have this problem?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
4. RE: Clock keeps being selected and sometimes changes time
Dec 18 2007, 1:48 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2007, 1:48 AM EST
I have the exact same problem. I also find that using the power button doesn't help, because a whole bunch of things seem to turn it back on, which subjects you to the problem again. Today I sat in a meeting and it turned itself back on over and over and over again despite no incoming messages, calls, or notifications. The battery was down to 20%, so the best I could figure was this fact was turning it on, but I wasn't actually getting any low battery notifications, just the little exclamation point on the battery icon at the top of the screen. I couldn't figure out any other reason why it was continually turning itself on, but at least it wasn't happening in my pocket (this time).

Anonymous
5. RE: Clock keeps being selected and sometimes changes time
Dec 18 2007, 9:28 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2007, 9:28 PM EST
Today I sat in another meeting and watched the Touch turn on with no reason over and over again, and this time my battery wasn't even low, so that wasn't the reason. Anybody have any idea what events might be triggering it to come back over and over like this?

Anonymous
6. RE: Clock keeps being selected and sometimes changes time
Jan 15 2008, 10:05 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2008, 10:05 AM EST
"Today I sat in another meeting and watched the Touch turn on with no reason over and over again, and this time my battery wasn't even low, so that wasn't the reason. Anybody have any idea what events might be triggering it to come back over and over like this?"
This happens to me at work because I have a poor signal in my office. It switches from roaming and back to sprint network sporadically. During this time the phone's screen magically turns on. No idea why it would be programmed this way.

Anonymous
7. RE: Clock keeps being selected and sometimes changes time
Dec 18 2008, 11:16 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 18 2008, 11:16 AM EST
Do you mean date? Because the time displays on the upper portion of your PDA screen. The Date is the first line on the today screen. If you don't need this, you can turn it off: Start > Settings > Today > Items tab > Uncheck Date
boireaul
boireaul
8. RE: Clock keeps being selected and sometimes changes time
Mar 6 2009, 12:14 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 6 2009, 12:14 PM EST
Yes exactly the same ... no fix found.
Once again, it is just a not well designed application.
Calendar entries require to be opened and use the menu to be modified but only one click on the clock and you have clouds in your time settings and other time zone.
This time my guess is that it is not Windows fault but HTC's one.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)