• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Handsfreelink (Acura RDX) -- Won't Pair

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Handsfreelink (Acura RDX) -- Won't Pair
Sep 2 2006, 8:16 PM EDT
Any reason why the Cingular 2125 will pair with my car but the HTC/IMate SP5 won't. It's not recognized by the car's discovery step.
Is there another upgrade to the OS that fixes this? I installed one in June 2006.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Handsfreelink (Acura RDX) -- Won't Pair
Nov 18 2007, 3:26 PM EST
This link helped me: http://www.acura.com/index.aspx?initPath=TL with T-Mobile Shadow (2007) Smartphone Smart phone and a 2004 Acura MDX Bluetooth HandsFreeLink Hands Free Link Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Handsfreelink (Acura RDX) -- Won't Pair
Nov 18 2007, 4:18 PM EST
This link helped me with T-Mobile Shadow (2007) Smartphone Smart phone and a 2004 Acura MDX Bluetooth HandsFreeLink Hands Free Link

http://www.acura.com/models/handsfreelink/hfl_index.asp?referrer=acura

HTC Dash Pairing Instructions:

IMPORTANT: You must press and release the HandsFreeLink talk button on the steering wheel and wait for the beep before you speak. This step is required before all spoken commands.

Power on the phone and ensure Bluetooth® is ON. Please refer to your phone's user guide for steps to turn on Bluetooth.

Press and release the Talk button on the steering wheel and wait for the "beep" before you speak. Repeat this step before all spoken commands.

Say "phone setup"

Say "pair"

Say any 4 digit PIN code for pairing. Remember it as you will need to enter it into your phone later. HandsFreeLink will now instruct you to begin the pairing process in the phone.

Enter the Start Menu

Scroll down to find Settings, select Settings and press the middle button for OK

Press 5 for Connections

Press 3 for Bluetooth

Turn BT power ON

Press Menu, then press 1 for Devices

Press the middle button for OK to begin a new search for pairable devices

Once search is complete, select device from the list to pair with and press NEXT

Enter the PassCode and press NEXT

Name the phone when asked - Assign a priority if requested
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?