• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 8525

Watch
qlowes0282

qlowes0282
Jan 7 2009, 12:53 PM EST
How do you load the internet using t-mobile as the carrier to the 8525 phone? It seems like I have found the steps and even printed them off but have not been able to remember where I saw them. Thanks. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: 8525
Jan 7 2009, 3:25 PM EST
"How do you load the internet using t-mobile as the carrier to the 8525 phone? It seems like I have found the steps and even printed them off but have not been able to remember where I saw them. Thanks. "
The settings are pretty much the same for all HTC PPC's although some models can cary a bit..
For the Data Settings:
Go to Start>Settings>Connections Tab>Connections>Manage Existing Connections.
You should only have 1 listing and it should be called MediaNet. If there are others, delete them using the EDIT option.
Tap on EDIT.
Change the Connection Name to TMO (or whatever you prefer).
Select a Modem is not available for Editing but is should be Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G).
Tap Next.
Access Point Name should be wap.voicestream.com.
Tap Next.
UserName, Password and Domain should be blank.
Tap on Advanced.
"use server-assigned IP address should be selected on both the TCP/IP and Servers Tab.
Tap OK.
Tap Finish.
Next, tap on the Proxy Settings Tab. The box for "this Network connects to the internet" should be selected.
Tap OK.
Select the Advanced Tab and then Select Networks.
Ensure that the TMO connection is selected in the first dropdown for "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using".
Tap OK.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
qlowes0282

qlowes0282
Jan 7 2009, 5:34 PM EST
Thanks so much. The 8925 should be the same you think? What about syncing programs from your phone to a desktop and pulling from the desktop to another phone? Or even the entire ROM being changed? Thanks again Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Jan 7 2009, 5:49 PM EST
"Thanks so much. The 8925 should be the same you think? What about syncing programs from your phone to a desktop and pulling from the desktop to another phone? Or even the entire ROM being changed? Thanks again "
The settings are pretty much the same for the 8925 the only added step would be to disable the Proxy Manager by going to Start>Programs>Tools>Proxy Manager. Once that is disabled your device wont keep trying to access the AT&T Server for their specific content. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors