• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Touch HD and AT&T

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC Touch HD and AT&T
Nov 19 2008, 11:53 AM EST
Will the HTC Touch HD work on the AT&T Network 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
RE: HTC Touch HD and AT&T
Nov 19 2008, 12:00 PM EST
"Will the HTC Touch HD work on the AT&T Network"
Yes it will, as long as you get an unlocked GSM version. The CDMA version will not work with AT$T. Since it is a European/Asian phone not due to be released in the US, it will not work with US 3G network only with the Edge network and areas that have HSDPA coverage. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 20 2008, 12:19 AM EST
Do you think there will be any way to get the 3G to work a fix maybe. I'm thinking of getting one but the HSDPA coverage is not there yet. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 20 2008, 12:56 AM EST
I looked around on the enternet and everywhere I see that 3G and HSPDA for AT&T are the same thing. Is this true?
If not what kind of coverage does the HSPDA have?
Do you find this valuable?    
itxy
itxy
Nov 20 2008, 10:19 PM EST
no g3 what are you going to do when att announces they will be streaming vid of you talking from one phone to another 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
TylerWatson

TylerWatson
Nov 26 2008, 11:49 AM EST
I'm not certain what your question is? Why would att care to stream vid of me talking? Do you find this valuable?    
TylerWatson

TylerWatson
Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM EST
"Yes it will, as long as you get an unlocked GSM version. The CDMA version will not work with AT$T. Since it is a European/Asian phone not due to be released in the US, it will not work with US 3G network only with the Edge network and areas that have HSDPA coverage."
This maybe a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. Call me a nood or what you like, I just don't keep up with Telcom technology. Why can't the GSM version work with US 3G? I'm slowly learning. Thanks! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 2 2008, 2:59 PM EST
US 3G network operates on 850/1900/2100 and in Europe 3G networks 900 / 2100. So with the phone being made for other countries at this time, it does not have the correct bands to utilize the US 3G infrastructure. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 4 2008, 2:44 PM EST
Will the HTC Touch HD work with T-mobile 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
circlemusic

circlemusic
Dec 21 2008, 12:33 PM EST
"Will the HTC Touch HD work on the AT&T Network"
Im thinking about trading up from my Touch Cruise to the HD but am concerned about the compatibility with AT&T as well. I do get HSDPA coverage with the Cruise, will my data connection be as good with the HD? The EDGE unit I have as a backup is much slower. Thanks. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Yesterday, 9:43 AM EST
I just received my HTC Touch HD. I am with AT&T and it works on 3G network. It has 850, 900, 1900, 2100 GSM band frequencies. It can't use At&t navigator, At&t video, or other things, but it does have google maps a sick picture. Windows Mobile is a bit of a let down though, can't wait for Windows Mobile 7, please release at CES confrence, pls. Anyway, it works, just to let everyone know. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
Yesterday, 11:05 AM EST
"I just received my HTC Touch HD. I am with AT&T and it works on 3G network. It has 850, 900, 1900, 2100 GSM band frequencies. It can't use At&t navigator, At&t video, or other things, but it does have google maps a sick picture. Windows Mobile is a bit of a let down though, can't wait for Windows Mobile 7, please release at CES confrence, pls. Anyway, it works, just to let everyone know."
Sorry, not possible. The Touch HD is designed to work on the European 3G network 900/2100 mhz. AT$T operates it's 3G network on the 850/1900 Mhz band so unfortunately there is no way you are getting 3G speeds. Try a test on download speeds with 3G on and 3G off.

But still a great phone I hear.
Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors