• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: How to add new cities to Weather on Touch Pro... and help!!

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Afterburned

Afterburned
How to add new cities to Weather on Touch Pro... and help!!
Sep 9 2008, 5:41 PM EDT
Thanks to AliBabNet on http://htcwiki.com/thread/1066186/My+city+is+not+listed+in+weather+%28touch%29 thread I have found out how to change the weather on the touch pro:
Use a registry editor as suggested, but the key is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILLA\Weather.CityList
Use the codes found on www.accuweather.com (in the address bar when you find your city) to add your new city (separated by commas).

This works GREAT... unless you live in a city with a space in the name..!
For example (and at risk of giving away personal data) I live in EUR|JE|JE---|SAINT+HELIER
I have tried EUR|JE|JE---|SAINT HELIER, I have even tried EUR|JE|JE---|SAINT&20HELIER and EUR|JE|JE---|SAINTHELIER.
None work - it keeps resetting back to the default 6 cities!
I know it is not the ---'s as EUR|IM|IM---|DOUGLAS works.
Any ideas or am I just out of luck?
1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: How to add new cities to Weather on Touch Pro... and help!!
Sep 14 2008, 4:14 PM EDT
try replacing the space by a + (plus). that is how htc did it for New York ;)

Regards Fabian.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 15 2008, 6:50 AM EDT
The + was the first one I tried as it is how it appears on the www.accuweather.com site, it is strange that it is only one of a few that do not work. Can you try
EUR|JE|JE---|SAINT+HELIER
and let me know if you have any luck? (ps back up your list first as this may wipe them!)

Anonymous
Sep 25 2008, 10:47 PM EDT
"Thanks to AliBabNet on http://htcwiki.com/thread/1066186/My+city+is+not+listed+in+weather+%28touch%29 thread I have found out how to change the weather on the touch pro:
Use a registry editor as suggested, but the key is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILLA\Weather.CityList
Use the codes found on www.accuweather.com (in the address bar when you find your city) to add your new city (separated by commas).

This works GREAT... unless you live in a city with a space in the name..!
For example (and at risk of giving away personal data) I live in EUR|JE|JE---|SAINT+HELIER
I have tried EUR|JE|JE---|SAINT HELIER, I have even tried EUR|JE|JE---|SAINT&20HELIER and EUR|JE|JE---|SAINTHELIER.
None work - it keeps resetting back to the default 6 cities!
I know it is not the ---'s as EUR|IM|IM---|DOUGLAS works.
Any ideas or am I just out of luck?"
can you please tell me which registry editor do you use and how do you get to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILLA\Weather.CityList?

thanks

Anonymous
Sep 26 2008, 5:31 PM EDT
How about Canadian sites? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 11 2008, 7:13 PM EST
I've attempted to make this change as well for a US city with the same problem. I change the list of cities, refresh the phone to make sure that it is on the phone, and then goto the weather tab. The list just resets to the default 6. I have tried putting in a city that is already on the list manually and that seems to work. Maybe the Touch Pro isn't using the accuweather website?

I'm going to poke around and check to see if I can track down the website it uses.

Anonymous
Nov 23 2008, 12:11 AM EST
Use "Total Commander". It is a File Explorer kind of tool which helps you access the registry as well. You would easily find it on the Internet. It is a free tool and works much better than default File Explorer application that comes on Windows Mobile.
the registry is available in the Root Folder when you see the file system through Total Commander.

Anonymous
Dec 4 2008, 3:31 PM EST
"I've attempted to make this change as well for a US city with the same problem. I change the list of cities, refresh the phone to make sure that it is on the phone, and then goto the weather tab. The list just resets to the default 6. I have tried putting in a city that is already on the list manually and that seems to work. Maybe the Touch Pro isn't using the accuweather website?

I'm going to poke around and check to see if I can track down the website it uses."
I have the same result on my Verizon HTC Touch Pro. I am trying to add Fargo, ND and base it off of the Bismarck listing and it defaults back to the original six.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Anonymous
Dec 8 2008, 7:19 AM EST
see task 35 (sorry only in german)
--> http://www.pocketpc.ch/htc-touch-diamond/41469-htc-touch-diamond-tipps-und-tricks-tweaks.html

Anonymous
Sunday, 11:10 PM EST
"The + was the first one I tried as it is how it appears on the www.accuweather.com site, it is strange that it is only one of a few that do not work. Can you try
EUR|JE|JE---|SAINT+HELIER
and let me know if you have any luck? (ps back up your list first as this may wipe them!)"
do you really need a location code in order to add the city. I live in Weslaco, Tx and i put this
NAM/US/TX/WESLACO what am i doing wrong?

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors