• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: using third party gps software

Keyword tags: gps

Watch

Anonymous
using third party gps software
Nov 9 2008, 10:01 PM EST
i have igo 8 that was aparently for the diamond, it works awesome with a bluetooth gps reciever. i just updated to 6.1 and that aparently unlocks the gps in the ppc6800. i need to know what port number the internal gps uses as well as the baud rate to configure the software to use the internal gps 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Dios7

Dios7
RE: using third party gps software
Nov 16 2008, 3:09 AM EST
4800 Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 21 2008, 2:29 PM EST
You can find out what port your phone GPS is set to by going to Start, Settings, System (folder at the bottom) and clicking "external GPS". Mine was set to port 4 by default, but I don't know if that is the standard or not. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2008, 10:54 AM EST
wouldnt that be a port for an "external" gps receiver? i need the port for the internal. i have read that the internal gps works if your phone is dialing out to something but wont work if it is not connected or something like that. i also read about some program that starts your gps receiver in your ppc6800 but i can not find the link. it would just be nice to not have to carry around the bluetooth reveiver although im sure it probably is more accurate. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors