Discussion: Cannot "see" my Tilt in my computer's File Manager

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

shutterbug44

shutterbug44
Cannot "see" my Tilt in my computer's File Manager
Aug 14 2008, 11:27 AM EDT
Hi,

I have a tilt without a data plan. I do not need a data plan as I use it for my calendar, notes, excel information that I want to be able to sync to my computer and the sync icon on my phone is grayed out. However, I cannot "see" my tilt from my computer's file manager when hooked through the USB so that I can transfer information. I had to get the data plan to receive the rebate but have since canceled the plan. Can anyone offer any insight as to why this is happening and ways around the issue?

Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Cannot "see" my Tilt in my computer's File Manager
Aug 14 2008, 3:37 PM EDT
"Hi,

I have a tilt without a data plan. I do not need a data plan as I use it for my calendar, notes, excel information that I want to be able to sync to my computer and the sync icon on my phone is grayed out. However, I cannot "see" my tilt from my computer's file manager when hooked through the USB so that I can transfer information. I had to get the data plan to receive the rebate but have since canceled the plan. Can anyone offer any insight as to why this is happening and ways around the issue?

Thanks!"
What sync software are you using? Youre going to need one (WMDC for Vista or Activesync for XP).
Does your device show up in your PC's Device Manager?
It wont show up in your PC's File Manager (the device is not recognized as a drive)...
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors