• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Windows Vista - Synchonization problemThis is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

antic
Windows Vista - Synchonization problem
Jan 28 2008, 11:08 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2008, 11:08 AM EST
Help! I have Windows Vista, with Office 2007 and Mobile Device Center installed and NO LiveCare . When I connect my MDA Vario II, nothing but multimedia files can be synchronized. How to get contacts & calendar etc. to sync? Thnx! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
gronnie
gronnie
1. RE: Windows Vista - Synchonization problem
Jan 28 2008, 1:09 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2008, 1:09 PM EST
When Windows Mobile Device Center pops up after you plug in your device, what does it say? Make sure you go to "Set up your Device" and you should see calendar, contacts, etc. there. Make sure they are checked. Do you find this valuable?    

antic
2. RE: Windows Vista - Synchonization problem
Jan 29 2008, 5:10 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2008, 5:10 AM EST
when device is connected, the only options I have with MDC (that I have to open manually, the only thing that pops up is that Explorer's plug menu - explore, do nothing, sync with Media PLayer) is which connections are allowed (USB or Bluetooth). Setup in Sync center opens MediaPlayer (!) and starts some sort of media synchronization wizard. Do you find this valuable?    

antic
3. RE: Windows Vista - Synchonization problem
Jan 29 2008, 5:30 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2008, 5:30 AM EST
PROBLEM SOLVED -Thnak You
I just downloaded some automatic update fo MDC (something about Mobile Remote Adapter), and now it all works!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: Windows Vista - Synchonization problem
Feb 14 2008, 5:11 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 14 2008, 5:11 AM EST
And I thought MDC was the answer to activestink? Nope. Had to have my device connected for Windows Update to recognise that I needed WDC installed. Then it failed to install twice because I had disconnected my device. I had to have the device connected and then run the update, which STILL showed up as a failed install. And it would seem I can't sync settings changes. Shash, as usual. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Windows Vista - Synchonization problem
Oct 28 2008, 10:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2008, 10:05 PM EDT
"And I thought MDC was the answer to activestink? Nope. Had to have my device connected for Windows Update to recognise that I needed WDC installed. Then it failed to install twice because I had disconnected my device. I had to have the device connected and then run the update, which STILL showed up as a failed install. And it would seem I can't sync settings changes. Shash, as usual."
i've had the tilt since feb of 2008 and i havent been able to sync my music threw the media player....htc tech support cant help me with this problem. can anyone help me! Do you find this valuable?    

Garwood
6. RE: Windows Vista - Synchonization problem
Feb 5 2009, 12:06 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2009, 12:06 PM EST
"PROBLEM SOLVED -Thnak You
I just downloaded some automatic update fo MDC (something about Mobile Remote Adapter), and now it all works!"
antic;

I've looked all over and cannot fine the update to MDC that has to do with a Mobile Remote Adapter. Can you provide a link to that update ? Thank you.
Do you find this valuable?    

Garwood
7. RE: Windows Vista - Synchonization problem
Feb 5 2009, 2:31 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2009, 2:31 PM EST
Please Help -- I've spent hours and hours on this problem. When WMDC tries to set up a Mobile Partnership, I am not able to check the types of content to be kept up to date, i.e., Contacts, Calender,E-mail, Tasks, etc., but I can select Mobil Favorites and Files. The sync'ing then starts but quickly ends because, I guess, there is nothing to sync as it wouldn't let me select anything. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)